Auto Restart Function Missing

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
Re: Idiotic

I find restarting my android devices made them work better no hickups at all.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Agreed and it was nice that it did it on its own when you scheduled it too. It was also nice that they informed everybody this was going to happen cuz I didn't know and I was wondering why my phone was acting so wonky figured it out on my own by looking it's ridiculous

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site

I use it, it gets done while I'm sleeping once a week, out of sight, out of mind and never have issues. There's nothing wrong with letting those that want to do it have the choice to do it, whether it's needed or not, it doesn't hurt anything.

Choices, that's been the backbone to android

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
Except now we don't have that choice it's been removed

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Nope it is gone they did away with it it's history it's the stupidest thing they've ever done

I couldn't agree more I will be getting rid of my Samsung Android over there nonsense

Further confirms for me that Samsung sucks

Agreed and it was nice that it did it on its own when you scheduled it too. It was also nice that they informed everybody this was going to happen cuz I didn't know and I was wondering why my phone was acting so wonky figured it out on my own by looking it's ridiculous

Except now we don't have that choice it's been removed

Over reacting little bit here

Schedule auto restart is only thing is missing

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I think it's important to remember that an android phone is neither a PC nor a workstation.

But, "when you're having issues" is the correct time to reboot. My phones tend to get rebooted once or twice a month, but that's because of security patch installation rather than issues.
It's not removed feature but u can't schedule it anymore.

I never had to restart my devices only for software updates.
I'm like both of you in that I only reboot phone when it gets the security or OS updates. That's the same with my desktop Windows PC, only reboot for Patch Tuesday updates.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm not inclined to agree. A mobile phone and a PC/workstation are both computers, one is just a handheld one.
That's true, but even Windows PCs are much more reliable now, especially with SSD drives, rather than HDDs. Fragmentation isn't much of an issue now.

I do think it's funny that the stock BIOS settings still throttle RAM. Enabling XMP is required to take advantage of the full speed of the RAM.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it's important to you, then send feedback to Samsung. Companies have been known to change things or bring back features in response to enough consumer demand. Seems pretty drastic to completely swear off Samsung because of this change, but then again, I tend not to micromanage my devices.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
If it's important to you, then send feedback to Samsung. Companies have been known to change things or bring back features in response to enough consumer demand. Seems pretty drastic to completely swear off Samsung because of this change, but then again, I tend not to micromanage my devices.

To expand on that, the Samsung Members app is the best place to send feedback to Samsung.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I'm like both of you in that I only reboot phone when it gets the security or OS updates. That's the same with my desktop Windows PC, only reboot for Patch Tuesday updates.

If someone looking for a restart everyday to help fix issues or schedule one then they have a bigger issues that they need to find and address, those settings are not that important for everyday users .

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Look at my last post that is true
A want isn't a need. I'll survive without the auto restart, hell I don't even know if I even need it, I just have it and "wanted" to use it. I'm just defending the other guy, he obviously wants it and he is justifiably upset about it. That's the problem with forums, if it doesn't effect certain members then it's a non issue. I'm sure the optimized shut down will work as good as Samsung's adaptive brightness. Thankfully Samsung let the user decide for themselves if they want it or not, same could have been done with auto restart and it would be a non issue for ALL. This post wouldn't even have been started in the first place.

Yes you are correct, but if a auto restart makes some feel nice and safe in their safe zone, what's the harm. I remain, choices are king.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

A want isn't a need. I'll survive without the auto restart, hell I don't even know if I even need it, I just have it and "wanted" to use it. I'm just defending the other guy, he obviously wants it and he is justifiably upset about it. That's the problem with forums, if it doesn't effect certain members then it's a non issue. I'm sure the optimized shut down will work as good as Samsung's adaptive brightness. Thankfully Samsung let the user decide for themselves if they want it or not, same could have been done with auto restart and it would be a non issue for ALL. This post wouldn't even have been started in the first place.

Yes you are correct, but if a auto restart makes some feel nice and safe in their safe zone, what's the harm. I remain, choices are king.

My friend i like options also.if it's there or not its not end of the world because not that impactful enough if users like it i understand that but to say im not going use Samsung over it is a little overboard, we dont own the software of the phone if you truly want have deleted features back or stop updates then root would be next best thing and control things u want but at a cost of course. Like mentioned earlier complain to Samsung will they listen i doubt it but send a report in .

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

My friend i like options also.if it's there or not its not end of the world because not that impactful enough if users like it i understand that but to say im not going use Samsung over it is a little overboard, we dont own the software of the phone if you truly want have deleted features back or stop updates then root would be next best thing and control things u want but at a cost of course. Like mentioned earlier complain to Samsung will they listen i doubt it but send a report in .
Samsung won't listen if they did Bixby would be a thing if the past, . But I've already sent them a message to death ears. I agree, he got a little over the edge on it, but it is frustrating that Samsung can't just give users choices. This would be simple, auto or set a schedule or turn off. I'm surprised they gave us a choice to turn this new feature off, so we should at least look at the bright side, we all remember Bixby crap being forced on us.

As for him to say he isn't going to use Samsung anymore might be the straw that broke the camel's back. There isn't much Choices anymore, but the more they take away and limit customization the more they get like apple, then for people like me iMessage starts getting my attention as we aren't anywhere close to that with android. That's why I get passionate on things like this when samsung takes choices and features away.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Samsung won't listen if they did Bixby would be a thing if the past, . But I've already sent them a message to death ears. I agree, he got a little over the edge on it, but it is frustrating that Samsung can't just give users choices. This would be simple, auto or set a schedule or turn off. I'm surprised they gave us a choice to turn this new feature off, so we should at least look at the bright side, we all remember Bixby crap being forced on us.

As for him to say he isn't going to use Samsung anymore might be the straw that broke the camel's back. There isn't much Choices anymore, but the more they take away and limit customization the more they get like apple, then for people like me iMessage starts getting my attention as we aren't anywhere close to that with android. That's why I get passionate on things like this when samsung takes choices and features away.

I agree
Ive used both platforms as you know so kinda get the best offering of both , i was upset with Note line name gone but that was short lived to get hung up about it , im into foldables now especially Fold 4 and beyond.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz