autocomplete of past numbers on dialler

Paul Nirens

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I've just moved from the HTC oneX to Nexus5 running 4.4.4.
On the HTC, autocomplete suggested all dialed or received numbers, not just those in my address book. I can't seem to find this function on the Nexus. I can't see anywhere to activate it in the Settings.
All in, very dissatisfied with the built-in dialer. HTC was much better. I would have expected Google to have given the best for their own phone, but this appears to not be the case.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've just moved from the HTC oneX to Nexus5 running 4.4.4.
On the HTC, autocomplete suggested all dialed or received numbers, not just those in my address book. I can't seem to find this function on the Nexus. I can't see anywhere to activate it in the Settings.
All in, very dissatisfied with the built-in dialer. HTC was much better. I would have expected Google to have given the best for their own phone, but this appears to not be the case.

I'm not finding it as an option. It's likely something HTC added in their skinned version of the OS.

If Google put the best of everything in the basic OS, there's be little cause for the OEMs to innovate - that's actually one of the great things about Android, in that it fosters innovation by many different groups, and the folks at Google pull some of the best innovations and integrated them into the 'standard' OS in future iterations.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Llop719