Autocorrect is out of its mind?

xfiarc

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Try Gboard.. its one of the best keyboards and uses way less resources than most competitors. I have never looked back ever since i switched to Gboard.

FancythatShantzy264

Sep 12, 2018
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I was on iPhone for ten years and switched to an S9 plus. There is no way it is saving any historical information from me because I was on a different platform. It will take correctly spelled words like thought, and auto-suggest "Thight", not even a word, or please and suggest "Plase", totally randon and wrong. Thanks to this forum I switched to stock Google, and added Swiftkey just to be sure, problem over. If I were Samsung I would hire a new translation team.

I'm having the same problem but it doesn't do it that often. I am mainly writing on here because a few days ago it corrected the word "Chips" to "chipsaurdyhipsooked" and then when I deleted it and retyped "Chips" again it corrected it to "Chipsaurdyhips". I was so confused. I searched both words on Google and it had 0 results. Where on earth did it come from?

SwypeWorstChange

May 10, 2020
Visit site
Last weekend, Swype autocorrector, which changes words after you type other second or third words, got me in a very difficult situation, which caused the outrage of many people in the building I live in against myself.

There was some temporal movement of supplies and some boxes were moved.
While the boxes where being moved, in relay fashion, some very temporal stacks of boxes ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time. But it was something very temporal, while things where being moved.

Some neighbor got out and saw the boxes in their lobby and asked for explanations because he saw the people and not my wife that was supervising the movements.
Since I could not move from far where I was at, I tried to call this neighbor by a regular voice call... but he did not answer... so I had to write in the building WhatsApp chat group, with my Swype autocorrector android phone.

I wanted to tell him something like "Linda is there" and the auto translator changed it to "Better is there"... as if I was implying that his lobby was a good place to leave the boxes stranded.

Everyone was very upset and I did not notice the error until a later date and after being bullied a lot for this mistake.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Last weekend, Swype autocorrector, which changes words after you type other second or third words, got me in a very difficult situation, which caused the outrage of many people in the building I live in against myself.

There was some temporal movement of supplies and some boxes were moved.
While the boxes where being moved, in relay fashion, some very temporal stacks of boxes ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time. But it was something very temporal, while things where being moved.

Some neighbor got out and saw the boxes in their lobby and asked for explanations because he saw the people and not my wife that was supervising the movements.
Since I could not move from far where I was at, I tried to call this neighbor by a regular voice call... but he did not answer... so I had to write in the building WhatsApp chat group, with my Swype autocorrector android phone.

I wanted to tell him something like "Linda is there" and the auto translator changed it to "Better is there"... as if I was implying that his lobby was a good place to leave the boxes stranded.

Everyone was very upset and I did not notice the error until a later date and after being bullied a lot for this mistake.
Hi, welcome!
Try different keyboard like Gboard see if same issue?

Mach Fiver

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah well you think that is bad. Mine routinely doesn't fix mistakes instead it saves them and them when I notice a badly spelled word and change it it changes it back again to the misspelling. It has gotten to the point where I now automatically know this is going to happen so am ready for it. And due to all the misspelled words it saves (which are of any length even words that I've hit a number with. Then with its slew of misspellings it randomly switches words to misspelled ones and I don't even have to complete the poor spelling with a space either before it adds it to the dictionary nope just the act of pausing and deleting the bad letters and spelling the word correctly is enough for it to change it back to the misspelling. Now I've read all kinds of it's user error, or not training it properly and a plethora of other rhetoric that is anything but Google's crappy program or that it's probably a virus which is never ever mentioned as being a possible cause. But the way that mine is acting is beyond user error. It's one of the other two for sure. And I 've had an android phone since I was given a soft bricked HTC evo 3d that was stuck in a bootloop. I had to S-off the boot loader via shorting it out with a wire from one of the test points anf the sim tray with a wire while running a program that was called juopunitupbear a character that was drinking beers and if you shorted it properly the bear got wasted and the phone achieved S-off. At which time I was able to flash a custom Rom called Lee Dr0id the android dustbin man with a superman s on his chest. Ahh those were the days and I still love that gingerbread keyboard and the 3d camera was a blast. Anyway I've been using a droid since back then and autocorrect has steadily gotten worse and worse since then to where if is now which is beyond a pain in the butt it's barely usable if it is enabled I have it switched off and every now and then I go looking to see if it is fixed or not and I am still waiting a year or so later since I disabled it. And yes I tried periodocally reseting it and the user dictionary back to factory default by deleting all of the extra data manually for the app in erm... apps lol. So I ask what gives why is it doing this? And I refuse to believe that it is my fault that it is so terrible so please don't try and sell it Thank you

I hope that someone can shed some light onto the subject for me. Fyi I mainly wrote this reply to my post because I noticed that subscribe to receive replies to this thread was unchecked by default and only accessible through the "go advanced" button. Anywho

Last edited by a moderator:

Haggis Basher

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
It happens to me too so much so that I do not use predictive any longer, I just spell out what I want to send now, it takes a lot longer I admit but I dont blow a fuse any more and want to smash my phone to smithereens with a hammer
Omg I'm not alone! I have been dealing with this issue for the longest time now. I have a Samsung galaxy s7 edge with SwiftKey keyboard and I have tried using all kinds of other keyboards, including the one that comes with the phone, and ALL of them fail to autocorrect properly. Like others have mentioned, it will be RIDICULOUS words in place of what you're trying to write. Like every time I try to write "I'm" it'll replace it with "in". Every. F***ing. Time. Or just about anything I attempt to write gets autocorrected with something far off from what I was trying to say. Many of the examples people on this thread gave of how the autocorrect screws up predictions happen to me too. It's been about two years now where the autocorrect went from stellar to haywire and I have no idea how or why this happened. Now my texting consists of me constantly having to go back and fix words that I didn't want inserted in my messages.

Like to just make when I tried to write "to write" it corrected me and inserted "go work" even though I spelled write. I'm so tired of dealing with this and finding no solution to my problem.

Haggis Basher

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
I actually dont want a mobile phone any more it bloody stresses me out too much!!!!
Yeah well you think that is bad. Mine routinely doesn't fix mistakes instead it saves them and them when I notice a badly spelled word and change it it changes it back again to the misspelling. It has gotten to the point where I now automatically know this is going to happen so am ready for it. And due to all the misspelled words it saves (which are of any length even words that I've hit a number with. Then with its slew of misspellings it randomly switches words to misspelled ones and I don't even have to complete the poor spelling with a space either before it adds it to the dictionary nope just the act of pausing and deleting the bad letters and spelling the word correctly is enough for it to change it back to the misspelling. Now I've read all kinds of it's user error, or not training it properly and a plethora of other rhetoric that is anything but Google's crappy program or that it's probably a virus which is never ever mentioned as being a possible cause. But the way that mine is acting is beyond user error. It's one of the other two for sure. And I 've had an android phone since I was given a soft bricked HTC evo 3d that was stuck in a bootloop. I had to S-off the boot loader via shorting it out with a wire from one of the test points anf the sim tray with a wire while running a program that was called juopunitupbear a character that was drinking beers and if you shorted it properly the bear got wasted and the phone achieved S-off. At which time I was able to flash a custom Rom called Lee Dr0id the android dustbin man with a superman s on his chest. Ahh those were the days and I still love that gingerbread keyboard and the 3d camera was a blast. Anyway I've been using a droid since back then and autocorrect has steadily gotten worse and worse since then to where if is now which is beyond a pain in the butt it's barely usable if it is enabled I have it switched off and every now and then I go looking to see if it is fixed or not and I am still waiting a year or so later since I disabled it. And yes I tried periodocally reseting it and the user dictionary back to factory default by deleting all of the extra data manually for the app in erm... apps lol. So I ask what gives why is it doing this? And I refuse to believe that it is my fault that it is so terrible so please don't try and sell it Thank you

I hope that someone can shed some light onto the subject for me. Fyi I mainly wrote this reply to my post because I noticed that subscribe to receive replies to this thread was unchecked by default and only accessible through the "go advanced" button. Anywho