AutoText?

SkottM

Oct 18, 2009
trippinskott.blogspot.com
Does my Hero have an AutoText feature like my BB had? Like whenever I spell "im" on my Hero, I want it to replace "im" with "I'm". I turned off the feature to try predict what I'm spelling, because it's always wrong, and I also turned off word completion. Those suck.

So is there anyway my phone can learn some AutoText features?

Thanks!

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
hmmmm i'm pretty sure the phone uses text prediction and that it learns from you.

I agree with you that when texting "im" you really mean "I'm" but when i do that on my Hero it suggest "I'm" as the primary and "im" as the secondary.

Maybe turn prediction back on and actually type "I'm" then hit "+" next to the word to add it to your dictionary. I'm sure if you do that, the more you use it you Hero will recognize it like mine does and use it by default.

SkottM

Oct 18, 2009
trippinskott.blogspot.com
I'm trying the prediction thing for a little while. It DOES get the "im"/"I'm" thing right for now, although I'm skeptical about the phone learning that that's what I mean whenever I turn prediction off... Sometimes though, after a period it doesn't capitalize the first letter of the next sentence... I don't know. Maybe it will learn to fix itself.

Anyone else having these issues?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm not really sure to be honest. I just keep it on and 99% of the time its right.

Probably a good experiment thought if you want o see if it still over time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastura24