Availability of 128gb phones

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the 128GB gold edge because I have an abnormal amount of memory i use. Without an SD card option I figured it would be best. Ordered with a ship date of 5/1, just got an email saying it's delayed even longer with a ship of 5/17. I'm upset, what was the sense of a pre-order if everyone already has it and you don't. My question is this. With such delays because of a lack of production, is getting a 128 even worth it? If I need a replacement will I have to wait 3 weeks to get it? If it's stolen will I have to wait weeks for them to be back in stock? I'm worried about never having the availability and getting screwed in the long run. Should I just go with a 64 instead? Thoughts?

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I agree it does bite that the 128 G versions are so limited. I will never understand why a company (Samsung) advertises all these versions ( 128G, special colors...) and then don't deliver. I understand it's carrier driven but it is still upsetting. I had my heart set on a 128G edge (any color would've sufficed though I wanted emerald) only to be told that Sprint was not going to carry the edge in 128G at all. They stopped the memory at 64G for edge versions... and then no one was getting colors at all until late summer / early fall. So yea, disappointment big time. I get your concern with storage. But, it is what it is. If you need the storage because of your high memory use then you can't settle. I settled for a 64G but that was after carefully figuring out my needs and anticipating the need for storage later and then deciding. These games are only getting bigger and bigger. I like to have my "stuff" on board not in the cloud but I had to learn to embrace the cloud. Instead of uploading CD's I will have to utilize the cloud (Amazon Music) for new music I want. Storage needs are only going to get worse especially if you store a lot of media (music, photos, movies) on your device. So, if you aren't willing to go the cloud way you can't settle. Get the 128G. I am sure as time goes by they will stock them better and the options won't be as bleak in a few months. Life's a gamble, that's just the way it is. Just make sure you check it out from top to bottom when you get it and make sure it's a keeper. Good luck! :)

kioko91

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm not too sure about other carriers, but I got my white 128gb edge in 2 days with Verizon. Ordered late Sunday and got free 2 day fed ex delivery. But, it's also white so I'm not sure how they're handling gold. I know black was back ordered to may 1st when I ordered mine so there's that as well. I don't think Samsung expected to have demand for the high storage models, which was the same issue Apple had this past year with the 6.

Ericks89

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I feel for you guys, I could have originally just taken a 3 hour trip and had the 128gb version but I couldn't make it for about a week. So I just ordered on AT&Ts websites, I was given roughly a may 4th to 8th ship date, well it shipped on late Saturday as I ordered it on Friday so if that's any indication I'd say you can probably get one within a few days of ordering online. I generally recommend ordering via Amazon as you'll probably get it quicker but it's not always guaranteed...

I've only recently seen 128gb iPhones 6 and 6+s in stores, I originally got the 6+ on launch but moved over to Android mainly just because the s6-edge was a better overall phone "not because of android in any way". Best Buy or your local big box store will probably be your best bet, amazon has stock of the 128gb models last time I checked and with prime shipping (always a plus).

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the 128GB gold edge because I have an abnormal amount of memory i use. Without an SD card option I figured it would be best. Ordered with a ship date of 5/1, just got an email saying it's delayed even longer with a ship of 5/17. I'm upset, what was the sense of a pre-order if everyone already has it and you don't. My question is this. With such delays because of a lack of production, is getting a 128 even worth it? If I need a replacement will I have to wait 3 weeks to get it? If it's stolen will I have to wait weeks for them to be back in stock? I'm worried about never having the availability and getting screwed in the long run. Should I just go with a 64 instead? Thoughts?
Which carrier?

Ericks89

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
If I had to guess it'd be T-Mobile or AT&T as they seem to have stock of the 128gb model in any color.
Also I don't view the sd card slot an issue mainly because sd cards are slow compared to pcie storage... Just get a micro usb to sd card adapter, and an adapter that has a sd card slot so you can swap out sd cards. I find that more useful than built in as it's faster to connect the usb adapter in the phone than to rip off the back, insert the card, put the back on, and then power on the phone.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Hype? Marketing?

Forget 128GB up here you can't find any edge available and the 128GB is only available in Black through Bell.

I was lucky to find my 64GB Gold as it just arrived when I stop by the store.

SHIFT_sixty four s6 edge

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I pre ordered a black 128 from Verizon the first day you could do so. It shipped when they said it would by April 17th. I've had it now for nearly two weeks. Works great. So they are available in the right color. Originally wanted Emerald...but didn't want to wait.