Available WiFi Alert

potenzad

May 3, 2011
Visit site
open the dialer and enter the following code:
*#6335623#

this will open "HiddenMenuWifiOffload" menu.
select "Disable WifiOffloading"
press OK

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks so much for that. Those alerts were driving me crazy, and it worked like a charm:D

Bats

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Worked like a charm, thanks! Makes you wonder what other "hidden menus" there are that can be accessed this way. How does one initially stumble upon that code? I assume there is some way to find it in source code or something, and not that somebody sat there dialing *#1111111#, *#1111112#, etc...

On another note- I must be one of the few people who are not too bothered by the ongoing notification. I guess I was at first, but I got used to it quickly as I had to adjust to the entirely new status bar/pulldown with built-in toggles anyways. I guess the way I look at it is the ongoing notification is just a full-length toggle button below the others (since the wifi toggle is missing from the rest of them anyways). Sure, I'd rather have the single wifi toggle up there with the rest of them, and will probably root eventually to make that swtich. But for now it really doesn't bother me, and that is surprising because I am usually annoyed too easily by things like this...

Check out XDA

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Is there a list on XDA of more menus? Is it easy to find on there? I've never really used XDA before.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

KenA

May 1, 2010
Visit site
open the dialer and enter the following code:
*#6335623#

this will open "HiddenMenuWifiOffload" menu.
select "Disable WifiOffloading"
press OK

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I had to reset my phone. This code doesn't do anything when I dial it...do you think it still works?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums