Average 3G speeds?

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the verge of getting rid of my Photon because I have yet to see 3G speeds above 500 Kbs. It's usually anywhere between 2-5 regardless of how strong my signal is. I've ignored this for quite some time because I'm under a WiFi umbrella so often, but I can't help but think I'm wasting a crap load of money for a phone with near worthless wireless data speeds.

I'll be really disappointed if I'm forced to go back to Verizon and their exorbitant prices don't appear to be getting any cheaper.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I did some research, and it seems as if Sprint's towers are getting overloaded, and don't have the bandwidth to adequately supply data to some of their customers. Its a shame, because my issues span about 70 miles.

My Photon is now for sale. I'll wait to see when this fabled Nexus device hits to officially make the switch (back)

redtooth

May 7, 2011
Visit site
No doubt about it sprint is the slowest provider. That said, i get way better than average speed with my photon compared to other phones on sprint and verizon (3g) for that matter. I average around 1. 4meg on 3g with my photon. My nexus s 4G got at best .5meg in the exact same spots. At&t has the fastest 3g in my area around 2.5meg just not worth the extra $

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

ljbad4life

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I've read that sprint is upgrading to evdo rev b in the next week or so , before the iphone launch. If you can hold out until oct 7 when the upgrades are expected to be completed, we will see HSDPA+ speeds over 3g and voice and data at the same time.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I've read that sprint is upgrading to evdo rev b in the next week or so , before the iphone launch. If you can hold out until oct 7 when the upgrades are expected to be completed, we will see HSDPA+ speeds over 3g and voice and data at the same time.

Yea, after posting that I thought about the potential for the iPhone release, and I'm sure Sprint is gonna do all they can to accommodate the expected bandwidth load.

As far as Rev B, will the Photon be compatible with such an upgrade? That would truly make the marriage of this phone and carrier complete.

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Yea, after posting that I thought about the potential for the iPhone release, and I'm sure Sprint is gonna do all they can to accommodate the expected bandwidth load.

As far as Rev B, will the Photon be compatible with such an upgrade? That would truly make the marriage of this phone and carrier complete.

According to many sources yes

Sent from my MoPho on The Sprint Network

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74