Aviate launcher

alex346

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
if anyones got an extra invite handy i'd love to try this launcher out! ill in turn make sure to give out all my invites to people from this forum who are looking to try out this launcher!

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd be interested in giving it a try (and sharing). I'm a bit dubious but after Mike Elgan's G+ post this weekend I'm curious.

EDIT: Got my invitation. PM me with your e-mail and I'll invite you. Limited number. First come, first served.

Last edited:

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Inbox me with your email and I'll do it in the morning. 3 invites left I believe.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

Jason Rollison

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Would love an invite if someone can spare one. And will MOST DEFINITELY pay it forward. I'm very excited about this launcher and I feel it's what Android has sorely needed!

mm356

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Mostly all requests for invites, but how do folks like this launcher?

Just got it last night, so too early to tell for sure. It definitely looks interesting, with categories for situations and such that should automatically switch depending on where you are and what you are doing, but it will take some getting used to before I can get the hang of its full featured functionality and how to make the most of it. Looks promising though.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Mostly all requests for invites, but how do folks like this launcher?

Running it less than a day now so can't say for sure. Definitely takes some getting used to.

One irritation (I'd guess it's a future feature) is that you can't add a "collection". For instance, there is no obvious collection for where I'd put photo-related apps. Another is that you can't seem to get rid of Spaces that aren't relevant. I'm at work but it keeps putting me in a Space named after the deli in the building I work in or a satellite campus for a local university. I can't find a way to say that I don't want to ever use those spaces.

The problem is that it makes too many assumptions and doesn't allow for manual correction as far as I can tell. I'll give it a few more days before I go back to Apex where I'd already had things set up to my liking.

Also, I have a couple invites left. PM your e-mail address. First come, first served.

Sassyone

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone needing an invite can PM me their email address. I have three invites left.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
This is my only gripe as well. When I walk out to my mailbox it thinks I'm at the middle school 1/4 mile away. And when I'm driving it's constantly putting me "at" different locations on the way. I wonder about battery consumption on longer trips than just driving to the office.

Edit: This was in response to "scottMGS" post. I forgot to quote it.

Posted via Moto X

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I was curious to the same, at uni rather than doing the campus it didn't building by building, sometimes room by room -_-

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001