Back to S7

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I had s7 edge, sold it for the pixel, but went back to the s7 edge. The s7 edge, with its unique build, slightly better display, waterproofing, and IMO, better camera. Made it an easy decision.

mackie8

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
After using my pixel xl for a month i went back to my s7 flat..
I had issue with my bluetooth skipping with my pixel xl...
My bluetooth connection on s7 is more stable..
Yes pixel is slightly faster..

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
After using my pixel xl for a month i went back to my s7 flat..
I had issue with my bluetooth skipping with my pixel xl...
My bluetooth connection on s7 is more stable..
Yes pixel is slightly faster..
Wow so you downsized and your battery life at to be way better on the pixel. That's why I keep going back to my pixel after using my s7 edge. Even the regular sized pixel gives me better battery life than my s7 edge which is quite shocking. I never had good battery life on my edge

mackie8

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Wow so you downsized and your battery life at to be way better on the pixel. That's why I keep going back to my pixel after using my s7 edge. Even the regular sized pixel gives me better battery life than my s7 edge which is quite shocking. I never had good battery life on my edge
Might order oneplus 3T....
S7 is my company phone

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Might order oneplus 3T....
S7 is my company phone

In my opinion, the OP3T is every bit as good as the Pixel as long as you don't care about VR, which I don't, don't NEED the fastest updates, and are ok with a not as good camera. The money savings make it worth it, to me.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, the OP3T is every bit as good as the Pixel as long as you don't care about VR, which I don't, don't NEED the fastest updates, and are ok with a not as good camera. The money savings make it worth it, to me.
I find the screen quality to be MUCH better on the pixel.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Care to explain why? I have been back and forth with my pixel and s7e and still can't decide which phone I like better.

For me (and mind you I have only briefly played with his S7) it's mainly about pure Android, the lack of bloat, the lack of all the duplicate Samsung services, along with the speed and snappiness of the Pixel. Also I use Assistant a lot and I like getting OS and security updates in a timely manner..

The S7 is nice but there is no way I'd trade my Pixel for it..

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
For me (and mind you I have only briefly played with his S7) it's mainly about pure Android, the lack of bloat, the lack of all the duplicate Samsung services, along with the speed and snappiness of the Pixel. Also I use Assistant a lot and I like getting OS and security updates in a timely manner..

I think it's harder to make that assumption when you haven't physically used the s7 and all of its premium features. It's an issue I continue to have, can't decide which phone I like better. I'm spoiled with Samsung pay, wireless charging, premium feel phone, water resistance and so on. But the software experience and battery life are what I love about the pixel that I don't experience on the s7. I am keeping both phones but always switch between the two.

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site

Couldn't agree more on this one.

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I think it's harder to make that assumption when you haven't physically used the s7 and all of its premium features. It's an issue I continue to have, can't decide which phone I like better. I'm spoiled with Samsung pay, wireless charging, premium feel phone, water resistance and so on. But the software experience and battery life are what I love about the pixel that I don't experience on the s7. I am keeping both phones but always switch between the two.

Not to rain on your parade but I think Samsung was a cheaply made for me. That's just my own opinion.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Not raining. When I carry each device, the s7 feels more premium. Cheaply made for you in what respect?

My wife has the S7 edge, and I agree with the people saying it doesn't feel as premium. Home button click is sticky and it lags. The only thing I like is the camera quality.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's the full glass design? Idk maybe it's the display.

It looked cool when she first got it last year. But now it just feels old. It takes noticeable seconds to go back to the home screen from an app. The home button click just isn't right. She's ok with it, but for me, I'd much rather have the Pixel, OP3T, or iPhone. She can still kill it with her camera, but that's the only thing I'm envious of on her phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali