Back to S7

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
After a day of my sim being back in the 7 Plus I had to pop it back in the XL this morning. This phone is just too dang good even if a bit boring at times. If I could get the dual lens of the 7 Plus and the video recording and form factor of the S7e in the Pixel I might just have the perfect device.
I think I'm starting to convince myself that the s7e is the better phone for me. To pay the price I did for the pixel I'm only getting more timely updates and a better user experience. I don't think that justifies the price enough for me. While I think the camera on the pixel is slightly better, it isn't enough to make me ditch the s7 edge. Too many pros on the s7 edge to give up.

I just read all the user comments on the Android Central - 3-months later pixel is still the best Android phone, and I find majority of the people to be right when talking about what you really get in the pixel for the price tag. I almost feel like I'm using an iPhone with the pixel, it's stale. I guess it can be rooted but I don't root anymore. The bezels are from 1990s, it just doesn't look like the other flagship phones. No waterproofing, no expanded storage, no wireless charging, no Samsung pay which is one of the coolest features of the Samsung line.

I have zero issues with my s7 edge I don't experience large enough lag to consider it being a bad user experience.

Oh and no HD voice or wifi calling.

Last edited:

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, just a small update on my journey. As I am not loaded I was unable to keep the original Pixel I had and the S7 Edge and so I went back to the S7, and boy was that a mistake. Samsung's phones seem to age terribly as the S7 was laggy beyond recognition and the camera wasn't what I remembered. I did a 10 months later review of the S7 on my YouTube channel and still think it's a good phone, but not compared to the Pixel. The home button on the S7 drove me insane. It stuck sometimes, didn't register input a lot and was very slow to actually return me to my home screen. Additionally, the reason I switched back to the S7E, Samsung Pay, works on my watch and Android Pay on the Pixel works great. I don't like SD cards, not one bit, and didn't like the hoops to jump through to get adoptable storage. So here I stand, with my Pixel (Pickle) and can't believe how much different just the normal tasks are. Can't wait for the Pickle 2.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, just a small update on my journey. As I am not loaded I was unable to keep the original Pixel I had and the S7 Edge and so I went back to the S7, and boy was that a mistake. Samsung's phones seem to age terribly as the S7 was laggy beyond recognition and the camera wasn't what I remembered. I did a 10 months later review of the S7 on my YouTube channel and still think it's a good phone, but not compared to the Pixel. The home button on the S7 drove me insane. It stuck sometimes, didn't register input a lot and was very slow to actually return me to my home screen. Additionally, the reason I switched back to the S7E, Samsung Pay, works on my watch and Android Pay on the Pixel works great. I don't like SD cards, not one bit, and didn't like the hoops to jump through to get adoptable storage. So here I stand, with my Pixel (Pickle) and can't believe how much different just the normal tasks are. Can't wait for the Pickle 2.
So you got rid of your pixel, went back to the edge and then bought a new pixel and sold the edge?

I bought a pixel...Sold it and went to my s7 edge...Missed my pixel so I bought a new one only to go back to my s7 edge AGAIN.

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
So you got rid of your pixel, went back to the edge and then bought a new pixel and sold the edge?

I bought a pixel...Sold it and went to my s7 edge...Missed my pixel so I bought a new one only to go back to my s7 edge AGAIN.

I'm just the opposite. I sold my S7 and never look back since. I still prefer the Pixel over Samsung or Apple.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Interesting. If it wasn't for my horrible battery life on my edge I'd have no problem choosing the edge over the pixel.

Sorry to report, I've also switched back to the S7 edge. Reasons are all the reasons everybody already knows and says.

But I have to add that the performance difference, yes I can notice it quiet easily. The Pixel was just, instant. Plus I'm seeing a lot of stuttering in nougat which I didnt see on Marshmallow.

But overall, for the price, the S7 edge makes much much more sense. With all the features and the design.

That's all I'm going to say. I always come back to Samsung. I should remember that from now on. Good luck to me.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I still have both but SIM in Coral Blue S7 Edge. I said it before and will say it gain. SD card, amazing 5.5 screen profile and design, plus amazing screen, plus amazing camera, plus water resistant, plus wireless charging makes this device the best there is.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I went back to my S7E for a week and then put the sim back in my Pixel. S7E is going back on eBay.

I bought my Pixel used so it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. To me, Pixel would even be worth full price.

I just couldn't deal with the lag on the S7E any longer. The speed and fluidity of the Pixel has ruined me.

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I went back to my S7E for a week and then put the sim back in my Pixel. S7E is going back on eBay.

I bought my Pixel used so it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. To me, Pixel would even be worth full price.

I just couldn't deal with the lag on the S7E any longer. The speed and fluidity of the Pixel has ruined me.

Great choice.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
And then I get the S7E out to factory reset and prepare for sale - and I can't do it... Just not ready to let it go yet... Gonna wait until Nougat and then decide...I think.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

I felt the same when I switched back to the S7 edge. I still feel the same. Pixel has indeed spoiled me.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
And then I get the S7E out to factory reset and prepare for sale - and I can't do it... Just not ready to let it go yet... Gonna wait until Nougat and then decide...I think.
I side loaded nougat on my s7 edge and it is really great. To me it doesn't improve battery life at all. Let's say I popped the sim in the pixel yesterday. I'm never going to be able to decide and the back and forth between the two phones is driving me crazy already

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I give up. I'm selling all my smartphones, buying a flip phone and activating a land line...
Wait, which flip phone? Who do I want for a land line? Can I really get by with just one flip phone..? Oh, forget it. Maybe a carrier pigeon...? But what color??? Ha.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I give up. I'm selling all my smartphones, buying a flip phone and activating a land line...
Wait, which flip phone? Who do I want for a land line? Can I really get by with just one flip phone..? Oh, forget it. Maybe a carrier pigeon...? But what color??? Ha.
It really is out of control already! I am at the point where I can't even keep one activated for a full day!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa Oliver