Badge Notifications for Galaxy S8+ Not Working

A

AC Question

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my Galaxy S8+. Badge notifications don't seem to be working right. It'll say I have an unread text/email/notification when I don't, or it won't say anything when I do. The apps I'm having issues with are Facebook, the stock messenger app, and the stock email app. Help! I've restarted the phone which seems to be a temporary fix. I've cleared the data/cache and restarted the phone. Nothing seems to be working. I'm not sure if it's a software issue or a hardware issue. No one else in my household seems to be having an issue with it.

Kyle Church

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
You are not alone. I am having the same issue with my S8 Plus notifications for those apps as well. I have been clearing the badges using the long-press submenu but the tend to come back after some short time. The only way I have been able to get them to fully clear the notification is to restart my phone.

TracyV125

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my Galaxy S6 Edge.

It just started about a week or so ago but my stock email app, Facebook and my Messages app are no longer showing the correct # of notifications.

Email will show I have 3 emails, I go in and nothing. I have to manually clear the badge.

Facebook is the same way as the email.

My Messages app no longer shows a # to alert me of a text message.

I clear badges, cache and restart phone. I also keep getting "Google Play Services has stopped working".

I've been searching for a resolution and can't seem to find anything.