Battery drains 1% at exactly every 3 minutes on the dot. whats going on here?

masterx1234

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
The device is a galaxy s6 edge plus model SMG928V, i did tests across 3 different batteries. The phone when testing drains at a rate of 1% exactly every 3 minutes on the dot regardless of what tests is running even if the phone is off and idle, tested this with a stopwatch and the battery drain isnt a second off. The device has been cleaned and wiped and all cache also wiped. This is tested on stock android nougat 7.1. I took the phone apart completely and cant find any burned out or loose connectors but the device has no working USB data via USB but will slow charge (takes 6 hours and 30 minutes from 0%). What should i do here? what would cause several batteries to drain at precisely the same rate like this? my guess is something on the USB board is shorted or something. I am learning about android repair and plan on making this a career someday. I have limited understanding but cant seem to solve this odd issue. The battery section cannot detect any unusual apps draining the battery Hence my belief on it being some sort of short.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
First, does it lose charge even if powered off? I say that because I have a phone whose battery loses charge even if out of the phone....a faulty battery, obviously.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I received your private message in which you state that the battery doesn't lose charge when the phone is powered off, so that establishes that the battery itself is not faulty, or at least not obviously so. I'm not sure why you're unable to reply directly via the thread, as you said in the PM; try logging out and then in again.
I'll refer the thread to other team members for thoughts about the regularity of the countdown.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaacmause