Battery life continues to get worse on standard S22 5G

fuzzywuzzywazzafuzzy

Nov 17, 2022
Visit site
Anyone else disappointed with battery life after about year of ownership? It seems like battery life continues to get worse and worse, and it's to the point I barely get 3 hours SOT. I've checked the running apps and nothing seems to be hogging much battery life, so I just don't know why it's so poor now. Thinking of upgrading to S23, solely for a new battery (and a slightly bigger battery as well). Seeing as how it's basically free to upgrade through Verizon, it wouldn't cost me anything. Not a fan of spreading out the credits over 3 years, as I've never owned a phone that long, but willing to payoff early if i want to.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have always gotten great battery life out of the last 2 Samsung devices I own.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

fuzzywuzzywazzafuzzy

Nov 17, 2022
Visit site
Have you tested it in Safe Mode, just to make sure it's not due to some 3rd party app? www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983

As far as I can tell from that article, safe mode lets you remove third party apps, suggesting you remove apps that were installed about the time the issue popped up. Can't I do that without safe mode? What does safemode do to help me narrow down the app causing the issue? Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can tell from that article, safe mode lets you remove third party apps, suggesting you remove apps that were installed about the time the issue popped up. Can't I do that without safe mode? What does safemode do to help me narrow down the app causing the issue? Thank you

No, Safe Mode temporarily disables any 3rd party app you installed, so that what you're running is only apps that came with the system and maybe a few others that were preinstalled on the phone. You could always uninstall all of your 3rd party apps instead, but that's much more tedious as a test. It also doesn't necessarily have to be an app that you installed around the time the issue occurred, because it could also be some app you've had for a while that has developed issues after a recent app update.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Battery life will always get worse as the device gets older no way around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I had to replace the battery in my S10+ after a year. Dunno what Samsung does with their standard phones. The Ultras seem to go on forever

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

1raygin

Jun 24, 2017
Visit site
I personally have had a very good experience with the battery on my S10+. It's my backup device now since I got an S22+ last year. I don't game, but I'm on my phone all the time with no battery issues.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Very happy with my 12gb version of the s22 ultra. Good battery life and very fast. Much better than the 8gb base version I srltarted with.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app
I agree! It makes me nervous about the One UI 5.1 pushed update. I'm happy as it is and don't want an update that could mess with battery life or the gallery.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos