Battery life POOR

bojowaggie

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
So the battery life of my Pro is POOR! I am running GB and with light use I am only getting 9 hours out of it. It looks like I am going to have to get a extended battery for this phone :(

I thought I'd be able to get more than 9 hrs out of my phone,

mvincent1

May 27, 2011
Visit site
You are correct. Just upgraded my wife's phone from stock rooted Froyo to GB (tried both GB stock or TBH custom version) it seems like battery life has really taken a hit. Not sure what the issue is really but it does seem like possibly an issue with the GB update or the new radio ?!?! We may have to go back to an earlier radio but I am not 100% sure of how to do that on the Droid Pro separately from flashing a ROM.

My next task is to disable startup services for some apps that may be taking up battery resources using Root. Then use an app like JD to pulse mobile connectivity instead of always on.

-MV

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Love this phone, but it definitely needs the bigger battery. I lasted a week with the stock battery and couldn't take it anymore. Hate being worried about if my phone will last.

bojowaggie

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I have verizon sending me a new phone because the greed LED light on mine does not work. I also had to manually update the phone to GB because it would not get it on it's own.. I will do the samething when I get the new one tomorrow. If I still have poor battery I'm gunna be calling Big Red back and *****ing and seeing what they will do about it.. I can't have my cell phone not lasting 7 or 8 hrs.. The phone doesn't get used a whole lot and for the most part just sits there not being touched while I'm at work for 8 hrs.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have verizon sending me a new phone because the greed LED light on mine does not work. I also had to manually update the phone to GB because it would not get it on it's own.. I will do the samething when I get the new one tomorrow. If I still have poor battery I'm gunna be calling Big Red back and *****ing and seeing what they will do about it.. I can't have my cell phone not lasting 7 or 8 hrs.. The phone doesn't get used a whole lot and for the most part just sits there not being touched while I'm at work for 8 hrs.
My phones been up for 12.5 hours and is still at 80% battery. I bought a Seidio extended battery that fits with the stock back. They work great. I used a Seidio battery in my EVO as well and have had great luck with them. Try Amazon...

seidioonline.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe