Battery Life seems a consistent ding so far in reviews.

anon(7775)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I can kill my s7 battery in 6 hours today, yeah I know I have a problem lmao, so if I can't get at least 9 hours out of this one. I'll eat the restocking fee.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, seems the 8910 version is overall getting good battery reviews and the 845, not so much.

Perhaps the more powerful GPU on the 845 is more of a power hog.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Haters gonna hate. Not gonna let facts get in the way, or even wait until they have the phone in hand to reach conclusions.
Whuu? I pre-ordered one, so seems counter- intuitive. Haters usually hate without actual investment. Reviews are stating the battery and I point out they are reviews. Still, the reviews overall are opposite for initial battery life impressions from last year. For the 845 version, anyway.

Typing this on my S8+, which further counters the hate assertion.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Using external speakers that drive more watts also will drain more.
Electricity doesn't work that way. Using powered speakers uses nothing from the phone. Using plain, non-powered speakers don't "drain" - an 8 ohm speaker drains the same whether it's a little earpiece in the phone that can handle only 1mW or a bookshelf speaker that can handle 100 Watts. It's only the impedance of the speaker that determines power drain - the lower the impedance, the more drain - and a powered speaker has almost infinite impedance, so almost no current drain at all.

LPRodgers

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
It's all in how you setup the phone, you can't trust any of the reviews because who knows if they have a million things syncing at the same time. All the veteran Android users setup their phones so well they consistently get better battery life than most people than don't know how to go into settings disable aspects of the OS they don't use so don't take too many of these reviews seriously. I'm sure the s9/s9+ will get better battery life than their predecessors, if you set them up properly.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It's all in how you setup the phone, you can't trust any of the reviews because who knows if they have a million things syncing at the same time. All the veteran Android users setup their phones so well they consistently get better battery life than most people than don't know how to go into settings disable aspects of the OS they don't use so don't take too many of these reviews seriously. I'm sure the s9/s9+ will get better battery life than their predecessors, if you set them up properly.
Hahaha. This is true. From the S3 to Note 2 to S7 Edge, all my phones had practically the same battery life and screen on time give or take 30min on my setup. Whatd funny is that when my mom took my Note she made it last 2 days on a single charge. Lol.

anon(7775)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site

I get what you're saying but a phone with bad battery life is just that,you might save a few minutes here or there but you're not gonna make a night and day difference no matter how well you "set up" a phone

LPRodgers

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
It's user dependant, completely subjective to use and setup. If I use my phone 4 hours a day and you also use it 4 hours but you have 100 more apps than I do guess who wins the battery life race to zero....

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
All I know is the same sites that touted battery life last year with the 835 version are being critical this year with the 845 version. They weren't wrong last year

Not long to find out, but new device magic pixie dust will bias some initial views.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
All I know is the same sites that touted battery life last year with the 835 version are being critical this year with the 845 version. They weren't wrong last year

Not long to find out, but new device magic pixie dust will bias some initial views.
The GSMArena review actually scores the S9 lower than the S8 in their battery endurance test.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
This is a joke right? Better screen,better camera,ip 68, wireless charging

Not good enough for me, as the battery will be awful to my use, and it probably can't run Tekken 6 via ppsspp like Galaxy S8, because of aggressive DVFS schedule.

Would take the Mate 10 Pro over any galaxy any day, the S9 bring really nothing new to the table.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Not good enough for me, as the battery will be awful to my use, and it probably can't run Tekken 6 via ppsspp like Galaxy S8, because of aggressive DVFS schedule.

Would take the Mate 10 Pro over any galaxy any day, the S9 bring really nothing new to the table.

I doubt the battery will be awful. And you can have the Mate 10. No headphone jack, no ip 68, no wireless charging, no expandable storage

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adawdadawd