Battery Life seems a consistent ding so far in reviews.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Wow, finally, probably due to Vulkan.

Anyways the battery could be much better, i'll stay with my mate 9 as for me, the S9 offers nothing value over Mate 9(i use a DSLR as my main camera).

We know. You think Huawei is better .Thanks for clarifying that

bbzsget

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
This is on 4g with everything on. Better than the s8
ed38924c50f4306e06321870779c99bf.jpg
137cd191c428cf654cce7c5d698e53f1.jpg

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
IDK, I looked at the S9+ in Best Buy and there's a ton of stuff on it. Average battery life would not surprise me at all.

bwhick7492

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I ended up getting a mate 10 and am very impressed with it. the battery is a major selling point and this does not disappoint. with that being said I think the camera will be a little better on the s9+. The biggest thing I will miss by not getting the s9 is Samsung pay. overall though I think the mate 10 pro offers slightly more for cheaper.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I ended up getting a mate 10 and am very impressed with it. the battery is a major selling point and this does not disappoint. with that being said I think the camera will be a little better on the s9+. The biggest thing I will miss by not getting the s9 is Samsung pay. overall though I think the mate 10 pro offers slightly more for cheaper.

I'm considering the Mate 10 Pro as an option myself. How is the battery life and standby time on the regular Mate 10 with the QHD LCD screen, as opposed to the Pro with the 1080P AMOLED? Are you able to see the screen in direct sunlight? Finally, how is the audio through the headphone jack? Does it sound full and rich to you? I do like the fact that the fingerprint scanner is on the front of the phone on the regular Mate 10, as well as the headphone jack.

I've seen reviewers bash EMUI as being redundant. One thing I appreciate with EMUI and iOS, that they obviously ripped off, is the fact that you can view up to nine apps in a folder. I hate Android folders that only allow you to see four apps. The nine per folder just looks cleaner to me. Are you having issue with EMUI?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm considering the Mate 10 Pro as an option myself. How is the battery life and standby time on the regular Mate 10 with the QHD LCD screen, as opposed to the Pro with the 1080P AMOLED? Are you able to see the screen in direct sunlight? Finally, how is the audio through the headphone jack? Does it sound full and rich to you? I do like the fact that the fingerprint scanner is on the front of the phone on the regular Mate 10, as well as the headphone jack.

I've seen reviewers bash EMUI as being redundant. One thing I appreciate with EMUI and iOS, that they obviously ripped off, is the fact that you can view up to nine apps in a folder. I hate Android folders that only allow you to see four apps. The nine per folder just looks cleaner to me. Are you having issue with EMUI?
I was wondering what you meant by view only 4 apps per folder then I realized you meant the icon. Lol.

Samsung lets you see like 12 I think on the folder icon but it just makes them too small to identify. Lol.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering what you meant by view only 4 apps per folder then I realized you meant the icon. Lol.

Samsung lets you see like 12 I think on the folder icon but it just makes them too small to identify. Lol.

Lol, it's probably a silly reason to choose one phone over another, but yeah, it looks better to me. And yeah, it's why I'm considering Sammy again, too. :p

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Folks are linking videos comparing the 8910 version. Any of same comparing the 845? Reviews seem unanimous that the 8910 version has good battery life. The 845 version appears to be the one that is in question. Again, the point is last year battery life reviews of the 835 version were unanimously positive and this year more dinging the 845 than not. Whatever the case, it’s an obviously stark contrast from reviews last year.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I would take last years 8+ over that, but JMO.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Folks are linking videos comparing the 8910 version. Any of same comparing the 845? Reviews seem unanimous that the 8910 version has good battery life. The 845 version appears to be the one that is in question. Again, the point is last year battery life reviews of the 835 version were unanimously positive and this year more dinging the 845 than not. Whatever the case, it’s an obviously stark contrast from reviews last year.

Where are the reviews questioning the 845 battery life?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure he means the tech websites, cause almost every review I've seen have said the 9 series battery life is not too great. 845 snapdragon that is
Everyone I've seen basically says it's the same as last year. So while that's not great because we're used to things improving every year. At least it's not worse than last year.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Everyone I've seen basically says it's the same as last year. So while that's not great because we're used to things improving every year. At least it's not worse than last year.
GSMArena says it's a little worse. I kind of take their ratings more because my particular setup's standby time gets very close to their results for all phones I've used since like they started their standardized test.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
GSMArena says it's a little worse. I kind of take their ratings more because my particular setup's standby time gets very close to their results for all phones I've used since like they started their standardized test.

Here is another IMO good source that have correlated to my experience for all previous Android phones I have had. This is in contrast to the other reviews as well. The 835 and 845 versions are compared.

https://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Samsung-Galaxy-S9-vs-Galaxy-Note-8_id4496

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
The standby battery is actually not great on this phone, had the S8+ at the end of last year and I think the S9+ is slightly worse and the Oreo updates to restrict it just do not seem to work properly either, e.g. I have the Facebook app, services and app manager all set to not run in the background but they all continue to run anyway

My phone is currently draining at just over 2% an hour when sat doing nothing. Even with the AOD enabled the V30 and P2XL will run for almost 2 hours before dropping a single %

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796