Battery Life Tips & Tricks

rjw

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Most of the problem that can cause bad battery life is terrible coverage area and or a 3rd party application that was downloaded that is causing the issue. I had excellent battery life up until I introduced a new application. Once that application was installed I was unable to get anything greater than 14 HRS Once the application was removed I was back at 1 day and 5 hours. Please investigate your 3rd Party apps if it even means to do a factory restore and test each application until you find the culprit.

FYI The app that caused my issue was the Norton Antivirus App

ksjmh13

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I agree with xtype, I think it has to do with the sprint coverage in your coverage area. I also believe it has something to do the the last update we received. I have been having battery issues ever since we received the update. My phone can be charged 100% at midnight and when i wake up at 6am its always around the 25%. I have tried every solution to reduce the drain on my battery but nothing helps. I have all of my accounts set to manual sync, turned down every possible option on the phone and still have significant battery drain and that's without use. If anybody can help let me know.

boomerbubba

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree with xtype, I think it has to do with the sprint coverage in your coverage area. I also believe it has something to do the the last update we received. I have been having battery issues ever since we received the update. My phone can be charged 100% at midnight and when i wake up at 6am its always around the 25%. I have tried every solution to reduce the drain on my battery but nothing helps. I have all of my accounts set to manual sync, turned down every possible option on the phone and still have significant battery drain and that's without use. If anybody can help let me know.

I have not experience these symptoms myself, but I have read some who did report that they cured the problem by clearing the device's cache memory.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I really dislike suggesting this but have you tried doing a factory reset?

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I've done one thing to increase battery life with my GS2 and now my GS3. Under Accounts and sync I turn sync off. Then using elixir 2 I use a widget to sync all. This way all my accounts only sync when "I" want them too. I realize that for some push notifications(I.E Exchange Server) are must but not here. I just "sync all" 3-4 times a day. I can't give you specifics on the increase in battery life but I can say with the GS2 there was no need to carry a spare battery to work with sync off. I just got the GS3 today so we'll see but I'd be willing to bet I'll be pleased!!

If your able guys give it a try!! :)

Reactions: Skunkape60

ducatti20

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
It has to be people's coverage that is killing the battery... I leave Bluetooth on all the time, WiFi toggled to connect whenever, I use the phone for internet, calls, texting, games ext and have never gotten worse than 16 hours (and that was with a active background screen.) I typically go off charger at 5am and do not return to it till 10-11pm with over 40% remaining. My wife's battery life is almost identical to mine except she uses her phone even more than I do and tends to run 10% lower than me. All I have off is s voice and motion... brightness set to auto.

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2.

rjw

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I really dislike suggesting this but have you tried doing a factory reset?

I didn't have to... I found the application that was causing my issue. I am only recommending a factory reset if you can't find an application or a real reason for the sudden decline in battery life. At stock you should know if a 3rd party application was the cause your issue or if its a battery or coverage issue.. All I am recommending is basic troubleshooting steps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz