Battery life?

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Wondering what everyone is seeing for their battery life on the Xooms. I know i played with my at purchase and charged it up last night for 8 hours. Got up at 630 this morn, pulled it off and headed to work, it is now about 1 and i am looking at about 41% left. I would say moderate usage.... wondering based on everyone else if this is getting to be the norm.

pnstalum

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Picked mine up at lunch yesterday, plugged it in to charge about 1:00p and left it plugged in until 4:00. Has not been on the charger since and I'm still at over 60% with a mix of 3g & Wifi (Wifi @ home/3g at work). Screen set at just under 50%, mostly email and web browsing - installed a few apps and playing with settings, camera, angry birds etc. Overall I would say moderate to light use so far, but I'm really impressed with the battery! I'm going to test it with a movie this weekend.

madolen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I am very impressed with the battery life as well. I read a review that said on a continuous video loop the battery would last about 8.3 hours... I would say being able to play 4 full length movies is pretty damn good.

Reactions: Arun01

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
i used mine from 9am yesterday till 4pm and it was at 30% left then charged it again at 4 (4pm-5pm it was fully charged) and from 5 till 12am when i went to sleep it was good. still had 35ish% left this morning. charged for 1 hour and it was back at full again. I love how fast it charges!

Reactions: Arun01

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Screen brightness depends, i know for a while i had it on max because the auto brightness isn't the best all the time. But most of the time i had it set to Auto Wifi and 3g on, 3g is all but 1 bar strength. Since i have posted this it has gone down to 38%. Might just need to get into a regular groove with it.

sankeyr

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have been on my xoom since 7am and it is now 6:47pm. I am at 67% and I think that is amazing! I have been using it all day in my classes then messing with putting music on it since (and taking a break to play some games on here :) ). I am truly wowed by the battery life on this beast! And I have only been using wifi.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
yep today i played monster madness (first 2 levels) twice and then let people play with it. downloaded 900mb's to it and have done some email and chat. sitting at 72% currently. that is amazing after 7 hours for me. i tend to drain batterys with so much usage.

bmbriefs

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully this is not too much off topic, but ifixit has a recent teardown where they confirmed a 3250 mah battery. The new samsung tab has a battery twice the size but weighs less. Something doesn't add up here.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
When its fully charged mine seems to burn through the first 30% within a couple hours but once it gets to 70% it seems to slow down. From a full charge, I was playing with it all day at work yesterday and by the time I plugged it in at around 10pm it was down to about 20%.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I have been on my xoom since 7am and it is now 6:47pm. I am at 67% and I think that is amazing! I have been using it all day in my classes then messing with putting music on it since (and taking a break to play some games on here :) ). I am truly wowed by the battery life on this beast! And I have only been using wifi.

I'm not sure I buy that. Or your idea of using it all day isn't what I consider all day. Starting at 100 at 8 and by 3 I am down to 30 or below. Brightness on medium. Wifi on and 3g on.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully this is not too much off topic, but ifixit has a recent teardown where they confirmed a 3250 mah battery. The new samsung tab has a battery twice the size but weighs less. Something doesn't add up here.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

MAh isn't the most accurate way of doing things. The Motorola XOOM battery is 3250MAh and (by my calculations) 7.4V to get 24.1 Wh (a single battery to the person suggesting there was two). The Wh is the real capacity test. To compare, the iPad is 25Wh. I highly doubt that the Galaxy tab 10.1 magically made a double sized battery. It might have twice the MAh, but half the voltage, or some other such thing.

tuatha#AC

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
MAh isn't the most accurate way of doing things. The Motorola XOOM battery is 3250MAh and (by my calculations) 7.4V to get 24.1 Wh (a single battery to the person suggesting there was two). The Wh is the real capacity test. To compare, the iPad is 25Wh. I highly doubt that the Galaxy tab 10.1 magically made a double sized battery. It might have twice the MAh, but half the voltage, or some other such thing.

Xoom has two 3250 batteries. They are housed in the same battery unit (seen in the ifixit tear-down).

Source: Motorola employee

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/329406

Virgil

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I ran a test on it just from a video standpoint. From what I can tell, the Xoom should last 8.3 hours of video playback. Compared to the iPad which is supposed to be 10 hours.

Many people are comparing the battery size, but that is an unfair comparison. The Xoom runs with a 1g of ram and a dual core processor. Both of those run in a way that dramatically preserves battery life, which neither the iPad nor iPad 2 will have.

Yes, the iPad will overall run longer, but not because of battery alone.