Battery replacement question

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
Had my s4 since last friday,
though the battery life is great id like a bigger one to get a bit more fo a boost/let me have the brightness a bit higher.
I found some larger mah capacities on ebay and obviously theyre not official,
i just wanted to check if they are safe/if anyone else has got or used one.
Will post links below of ones im looking at,
thanks!
Brad

High capacity 3030 mAh battery X1 for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 -HBT X1 | eBay
NEW REPLACEMENT HIGH QUALITY 2800mAH BATTERY FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 S IV i9500 | eBay

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,
Had my s4 since last friday,
though the battery life is great id like a bigger one to get a bit more fo a boost/let me have the brightness a bit higher.
I found some larger mah capacities on ebay and obviously theyre not official,
i just wanted to check if they are safe/if anyone else has got or used one.
Will post links below of ones im looking at,
thanks!
Brad

High capacity 3030 mAh battery X1 for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 -HBT X1 | eBay
NEW REPLACEMENT HIGH QUALITY 2800mAH BATTERY FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 S IV i9500 | eBay

I would really wait for an acceptable offical battery. No point in damaging the device if it doesn't connect adequately. Also, most extended batteries come with an appropriate back cover, so waiting is in your best interest anyway.

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I emailed with the folks over at ZeroLemon (Amazon.com: [180 days warranty] ZeroLemon Samsung Galaxy S III 7000mAh Extended Battery + Free White Extended TPU Full Edge Protection Case(Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9300, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i747, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 ) and they said that they should be having a battery coming out for the S4 in May. I'm going to just carry a spare of the original battery day-to-day, but one of these would be useful for longer trips where it might be 48 hours between recharges.

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I would check with Amazon and look at reviews. I probably wouldn't get that ebay battery. Also, bigger battery doesn't make the screen brighter, fyi.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
@bayareamike, I do believe he was referring to the fact that he turns the screen brightness down to make his battery last longer. Just an fyi. Not trying to troll, but I really don't like it when I see people getting all cocky on phone forums.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i just meant i keep it lower to make it last longer, i am aware that tnhe battery wont make the screen brighter haha.
thanks for the help though guys :)

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i just meant i keep it lower to make it last longer, i am aware that tnhe battery wont make the screen brighter haha.
thanks for the help though guys :)

One interesting thing I've read about though is that the battery will go brighter on auto-settings than it will let the user set it in manual. The explanation I heard was that they didn't want people walking around with it super bright and wasting battery. So, if you are about to walk outside set it to auto-brightness for best sunlight reading.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk