Battle damage on your leather battery cover?

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Using Tan cover that I bought before I got the vzw black on launch day. Tan is breaking in nice, no wear. But the black is a lot tougher no doubt. Use the black maybe once a week. Dat tan tho....love it

johncbell

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Now Phil's Side Photo shows the Moto X Leather and his G4 Leather is on display.
It would be cool to see, side by side of the same user who punishes his leather.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Kind of glad I didn't get leather now. Not only does the leather appear to age poorly, the plastic frame dents like hell too. Only solution for this phone is a case, which I hate. Had the HTC m7 for over 2 years without a case and it still looks very nice despite numerous drops. My LG g4 I have had for about 2 weeks and the plastic edges are showing some ugly wear. Had to put a case on it as of today.

RJ Bradlow

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Leather requires care!
Just like any other leather product you may own whether it's the seats of your vehicle, the saddle on your horse, the shoes on your feet or the belt around your waist... Buy the right leather care products and then you will prolong the life of your leather.
It is animal skin not plastic.
Leather like our own skin needs oils and conditioners to remain healthy and supple.
This article only points out neglect of the owners not the quality of the product.:p

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Leather requires care!
Just like any other leather product you may own whether it's the seats of your vehicle, the saddle on your horse, the shoes on your feet or the belt around your waist... Buy the right leather care products and then you will prolong the life of your leather.
It is animal skin not plastic.
Leather like our own skin needs oils and conditioners to remain healthy and supple.
This article only points out neglect of the owners not the quality of the product.:p

But there is a difference between relatively thick leather used in shoes, saddles and belts and thin leather coverings on areas subject to high friction such as the back of the lg and the edges/corners thereof. If the leather didn't wrap around the edges (like the moto x) and was a little thicker, it may be ok, but as is, I don't see these as aging very gracefully.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I put baby oil on my cover about an hour ago.

Looks very shiny and refreshed now. Am gonna see if I can get some proper leather care equipment. Since we have a car with leather seating, we ought to have some.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
At least you can use some leather color polish or literally change the back cover, while with phones like M9 and S6 if you get scratches and dents it's here to stay.
If I buy a G4 I will definitely get both leather and plastic covers, one for casual and romantic dinners and the other for work and sports

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow those brown cases don't seem to be holding up at all. Almost like a thin skin on them that is peeling. Looks terrible. The wear on the MotoX 2014 looks like normal leather aging in comparison. On nthe other hand my black one still looks as new. I think a spare for when they get ragged is probably a good idea. Just like a spare case. Maybe some show polish will be in order?