Beats audio... limiter?

NJevo

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I noticed on some songs I play, whether on headphones, speaker or aux, the volume scales up and down when it seems there is a lot of bass. Doesn't seem to be any settings to adjust. I figured this was a limiter pre installed in the beats software. Anyone else experience this. Maybe the bit rate quality of the song isn't good enough?

Reactions: svargas05

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
The Beats audio is designed more with rap in mind, so it will by nature of what
Dr Dre intended have more bass. Just about every celebrity rap head phone
on the market has overall crappy sound as reviewed by every audiophile
magazine on the planet.

The majority of these audiophile reviews say the same thing.
"the bass way overshadows the mids and highs" resulting in a
crappy sound.

The beats audio software,s default set up is basically the same.

The quality of the source material is deffinatly a big factor in
sound play back.

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Since you have the EVO 4G LTE and it is new to the public maybe they
will address any sound issues with a software update.

NJevo

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'm sure your right as I've seen the same type of reviews lately. I also tried all of the dre beats headphones once while waiting in the Dallas airport and was very disappointed with the quality after all the hype. My zune headphones were far superior. The crazy thing is that the bass isn't even overwhelming, my OG EVO sounded better esp. while using aux cable.

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
THIS is probably the ONLY complaint about this phone...

I kind of wish that Beats WASN'T added on the phone.

I agree with OP, the volume seems to fluctuate at times with Beats enabled. Then, if you turn Beats off, it sounds like crap.

My Evo 3D reproduced better audio via aux. Kind of like they WANT you to buy Beats enabled products.

It's very obvious that I've have to crank my car stereo up louder in order to achieve the same volume I did with past devices.

Great intentions, understandable marketing structure.... terrible for people that know good audio. > : /

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Just a suggestion, but the Power Amp app has a pretty good built in EQ that allows you to tweak every audio setting possible, including presets like rock, rap, jazz, heavy bass, etc. I use it on my 3D with some Bose headphones and in my Maxima and the app makes a world of difference. Try it out and then make some adjustments with or without Beats enabled. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:

crs2265

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't have said it better... Poweramp, is by far the best music player for Android. They give a pretty fair demo and the paid app is well worth the $

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Just a suggestion, but the Power Amp app has a pretty good built in EQ that allows you to tweak every audio setting possible, including presets like rock, rap, jazz, heavy bass, etc. I use it on my 3D with some Bose headphones and in my Maxima and the app makes a world of difference. Try it out and then make some adjustments with or without Beats enabled. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I would probably use Poweramp if it had support for streaming from Google Music.

Reactions: quicksilver53

NJevo

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the poweramp tip. I'm gonna try that now. and Vargas, I too have to turn my car stereo up atleast 10 notches to almost hit the same volume level. only complaint for me too thus far.

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I have found volume problems using the aux input jack (3.5mm from phone to car)
on my older HTC Aria and now my Galaxy Note.

I too have to raise the volume a lot, but no need if playing thru blue tooth.
My cars stereo system came factory with both options.

Mophomania

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Try going into the phone's settings, under sound. There's choices for the sound enhancer. There's the beats (which you can also select three choices, up in the upper left corner , which are urbeats, solo beats, and other) or try the non beats selections as well. Personally, I tend to enjoy the "sweatener" one, But driving in my truck I still toggle on beats urbeats mode. Makes it sound fuller at low volumes. Like the old "loudness" function on older stereos. I don't have to crank it up as much. Also noted that when using the 3.5mm aux cable, make sure your media volume is up on the phone. I have mine at about 80% so my stereo doesn't have to be at 17 to sound normal. In fact, I rarely have it past 12, unless I have all my windows down and running on the freeway.

sent from my wicked EVO ONE using mind beam.

sethpcs

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Beats can also be turned completely off from the notification area whenever you plug anything into the headphone jack or connect to a bluetooth audio output device. It is an optional feature.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp