best android version for tablets

Gevio WhiteWizard

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys , recently i learnt that android honeycomb is the best version for tablets is it true ? And how to install it to my 4.1 tablet? I want to do that because my tablet is too slow with 4.1 .... which version is better and how to install it , not in software update cause it doesnt work there ... my tablet is samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, Honeycomb was Android 3.0, and is almost ancient history. It was designed as a tablet-only OS, but then Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) essentially unified the phone and tablet formats. I wouldn't recommend trying to hack Honeycomb onto your Tab 3.

Not sure if I suggested this already to you in another thread, but try a cache partition wipe, which can sometimes improve performance without erasing any personal data. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9945

Gevio WhiteWizard

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Guys this is a very slow tablet i dont know why but i have installed 50 apps and i dont have a sd card ( i have 8 gb at my device) .. do you think that this may be the problem ??? I have almost 1 month that bought it

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Tab 3 is not a fast powerful device to begin with. Have you been able to compare yours with another comparable Tab 3?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't have a good answer for that. I'm sure someone else can tell you more, though.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
you may wish to root it and install a custom rom.
Why root the existing ROM when he's going to overwrite it with a custom ROOM which will be rooted anyway? (You don't have to root the phone to install a custom ROM - there are many ROMs that can be installed from a custom recovery, or even from Odin.)