Best Battery?

AHfootball12

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

So I am currently using Virtuous (3.2.0) and the Custom Rom v3 that you can download using Rom Manager. It is by far the best battery life combo that still has Sense that I have found so far, but while it gets me through most days, anytime I need to use it heavily it dies about halfway through the day!

I know the phone doesn't have great battery to begin with (and I am using Seidio's 1750 extended battery as adding the 2500 defeats the purpose of having a thin phone).

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what gets the best battery life out of the phone. I would definitely prefer Sense (as that is why I bought HTC) but I definitely wouldn't say it is 100% required.

Thanks again for your help in advance!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I assume you are already doing the other battery tweaks like

* Turning the radios for GPS, BT and Wi-Fi on and off only when you need them.

* Increasing the time between syncing e-mail, FB, Twitter ect. to longer intervals then the default.

* Using as few widgets as you can get away with.

* Reducing your screen brightness.

These things can help extend your battery life as well.

You might also want to look at SetCPU, in the market, to create a screen off profile and reduce the CPU speed when the screen is off. Most of the intensive battery saving kernels do this type of thing.

Hope this helps.

beef5stew

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I think you've maxed out your software related tweaks. I also have virtuous and eventually caved for the 3500. Yeah, the phone is not as pretty and sleek as stock..but I get 42 hours straight with everything turned on max. I prefer the juice.

Charles Dolly

OMFG!!!!!!
Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Check out the Redemption Rom 2.4 I was Really impressed by the battery life i got out of it.

Also in most Roms if you hold the power Button down you will see "Turn Mobile Network off" this turns off the 3g Radio but leaves the one for Voice and Text... this will help your battery life a Ton.

oh and by the way you don't need to disable GPS when it is not in use it is off and when you launch Navigation, ect, it will turn back on its not running in the background.

Good luck man :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp