Best Buy Finally Called and Asked Me To Return The GN

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I think you should just give it back and accept getting nothing in return. It's a nice and humble thing to do. Plus the phone will be out eventually.

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I think you should just give it back and accept getting nothing in return. It's a nice and humble thing to do. Plus the phone will be out eventually.

I was taking a similar stance early in the thread, until I found out how he was treated upon returning to the store and attempting to be conciliatory. They basically treated him like dirt, so he's within his rights to blow them off, IMO...

AndroidAppGeek

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

The problem is that now he doesn't have another phone to go back to. They need to help him out in some way. If they had never sold him the phone this wouldn't be an issue. At the minimum they need to do something for him. I am shocked that they haven't offered him anything else at a discount just for his troubles.

Trust me, this will start to get publicity and suddenly they will be able to help him out.

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that now he doesn't have another phone to go back to. They need to help him out in some way. If they had never sold him the phone this wouldn't be an issue. At the minimum they need to do something for him. I am shocked that they haven't offered him anything else at a discount just for his troubles.

Trust me, this will start to get publicity and suddenly they will be able to help him out.

I agree that he should at least get something in return. At least a phone to help him out until the Nexus arrives

But I think for things in life we just need to accept the circumstances and move forward without being critical.

azsl1326#AC

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Tell 'em to go pound sand. So tired of these big companies trying to strong arm consumers for their mistakes. Apparently, the phone is going to be out in two days at Costco - at least that's the current rumor. Let them live with their mistake.

hoosiercub

May 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
Not a remote chance they'd do that. Imagine getting in a car accident, no one around, and your only hope is to call 911. But wait, Best Buy cut the phone off.

Oh, the lawsuit that would result.

Not a chance they cut it off.

Actually, even a deactivated phone will call 911. It won't do much else, but it will still call out to 911, unless you're using a Vibrant with CyanogenMod7 lol

SanGo

May 13, 2010
Visit site
So VZW can push an entirely new OS but you don't think they.can brick a phone? Are u people really that gullible?
Are you really that gullible? To think they would take the time to send ONE phone a bad update, with the hopes that he'll accept it and brick his phone? Deactivated? Surely they Can, but likely they won't. This isn't the only GN that was sold early.

cbaty08

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you really that gullible? To think they would take the time to send ONE phone a bad update, with the hopes that he'll accept it and brick his phone? Deactivated? Surely they Can, but likely they won't. This isn't the only GN that was sold early.

You can't fix stupid, you know that right??? :D

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It looks like Thursday may (finally) be the official release day. Tell them that you will gladly return it on Friday and leave you alone!

Sure just like Friday last week (finally) was the official release day?

Even stores were confirming it. I would tell them to piss off if they aren't going to make it worth wild. I would expect no less than a full refund and the accessories package for a device of your choice when you come back in....which would be GN release day.

Ethically, should you return it? What have you done wrong? The employee obviously had to bypass something to ring you up knowing it wasn't supposed to be sold. Be kind of like blaming to judge for your speeding ticket.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
What part if it is wrong? The iPhone does not do FaceTime over 3G on AT&T but does on Verizon so it is clearly not a hardware issue. Also the iPhone is well known to have one of the worse cellular radios on the industry. Fanboys might not want to believe it but it's true. Up until about a year ago the iPhone would artificially inflate the bars of signal by as much as 2 full bars compared to other AT&T devices with the same dBm (the true measure of signal strength) , when it was "discovered" but one of the major tick blogs last year (Gizmodo or Engaget I forget which). It had apparently been that way going at least as far back as the iPhone 3G.

Wow. You sure are a blind fanboy. Do you believe everything you read on the Internet?

Tee312

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
So VZW can push an entirely new OS but you don't think they.can brick a phone? Are u people really that gullible?

Do you even know what gullible means? It's actually the reverse in this situation, you're quite gullible if you think Verizon can brick your phone. For one, Verizon doesn't "push an entirely new OS," it's actually the manufacturers, Verizon simply tests/approves them. Two, Verizon would have to send out an update, which can be declined, that would have malicious software to brick the phone. Which is illegal. Completely illegal, even by a large corporation. If I was Guin, I would be praying they did that, he could make some major bank off a lawsuit over that.

They can't brick his phone. They CAN deactivate it, since it is their network, they get the final say on what is on their network. But they can't brick it. LOL.

SanGo

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Do you even know what gullible means? It's actually the reverse in this situation, you're quite gullible if you think Verizon can brick your phone. For one, Verizon doesn't "push an entirely new OS," it's actually the manufacturers, Verizon simply tests/approves them. Two, Verizon would have to send out an update, which can be declined, that would have malicious software to brick the phone. Which is illegal. Completely illegal, even by a large corporation. If I was Guin, I would be praying they did that, he could make some major bank off a lawsuit over that.

They can't brick his phone. They CAN deactivate it, since it is their network, they get the final say on what is on their network. But they can't brick it. LOL.

+ 1

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site