Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Based on the link below it seems the recall has yet to even begin which is just crazy!!!! Unless I am reading this wrong. It also adds samsung delayed in reaching out to the cspc. I wish it delayed it further so that we could have gotten our new notes before that.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.thev...amsung-fumbled-usage?client=ms-android-att-us
Samsung ain't fumbling nothing.
You believe everything on the internet..samsungs hands are tied waiting on your government.
You know how tobsoeed them up.
Too much politics involved here.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
If Samsung gives you a brand new phone.
How is the resale gonna be low ?

Due to the negative press Note7 has had. Anyone in the market looking to buy one 2nd hand will think twice that's what I'm referring to.

Granted Samsung will replace the defective models with non defective models but still won't erase the notion from folks that the Note7 has a potential to have bad batteries.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
The press needs to be held accountable for whast they say and do.
And how it throws panic in people.
I see the press ruin people over things that was never true. But they got to have things on tv to keep the public at large and make billions.

Larcen26

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I got the same "We are getting them soon and will be able to exchange it" from Best Buy.
They also offered to re-activate my old phone, while letting me hold on to the Note. Which I might do because it is a far better option than getting a loaner or "downgrading" to an S7 or Edge.

But before I make any decisions, is it 100% verified that all of the explosions or fires have happened while charging? There's no chance of it exploding in my pocket right?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I think some might misunderstand the premise of an official CPSC recall. We probably do not want there to be an official recall by the CPSC. That would probably mean they do not agree with Samsung's findings and process to contain and manage. An official recall would make this longer. A voluntary recall (as is now) would mean in theory the CPSC agrees with Samsung's efforts to contain, correct and provide replacements and the "S" labeled ones are acceptable.

Still, this has not been normal so you never know.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I got the same "We are getting them soon and will be able to exchange it" from Best Buy.
They also offered to re-activate my old phone, while letting me hold on to the Note. Which I might do because it is a far better option than getting a loaner or "downgrading" to an S7 or Edge.

But before I make any decisions, is it 100% verified that all of the explosions or fires have happened while charging? There's no chance of it exploding in my pocket right?
No.. it's not verified that it *only* happens while charging. That's why CSPC and Samsung have issued statements to power down the phone and stop using it.

I do agree that the media is now latching on to any story out there that might possibly be a Note 7.

They're also not doing due diligence and verifying the facts before posting that it truly is the Note 7...

The headline feed this morning on ABC GMA was that there was actual video of someone's N7 blowing up... Yet when they got to the story, it changed to a "Samsung phone" - no specifics on what version, etc., and then they noted a couple of unconfirmed reports of S7 battery impacts. The typical "make a mountain out of a molehill" approach...

This one story is a prime example why I doubt anything I see from the media anymore.....

Christopher Gilliam

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I think some might misunderstand the premise of an official CPSC recall. We probably do not want there to be an official recall by the CPSC. That would probably mean they do not agree with Samsung's findings and process to contain and manage. An official recall would make this longer. A voluntary recall (as is now) would mean in theory the CPSC agrees with Samsung's efforts to contain and provide replacements and the "S" labeled ones are acceptable.

True if it becomes and Official CPSC recall that would most likely push back replacement phone comig out till October possibly November or worse case the Note 7 being canceld till next year. Which is probably why Samsung is working with them instead of going thru them officially

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Take this how you like but I just came off the chat from Sprint for certain concern and the agent I was talking to mention but not officially announce that "the brand have confirm the new device and it will be available after 3-4 days only." So keep an eye on your mobile service provider and samsung for any news on the Note7

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Take this how you like but I just came off the chat from Sprint for certain concern and the agent I was talking to mention but not officially announce that "the brand have confirm the new device and it will be available after 3-4 days only." So keep an eye on your mobile service provider and samsung for any news on the Note7

That lines up with the reported September 19/20th release rumors

homer813

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Have you already returned it? I enjoy the Note7 as well... but I already know that the resell value will be low.

I haven't been able to. I am as soon as the iPhone is available. Best Buy employees aren't exactly going out of their way to stay up to date about their own store's return policy on these phones.

The press needs to be held accountable for whast they say and do.
And how it throws panic in people.
I see the press ruin people over things that was never true. But they got to have things on tv to keep the public at large and make billions.

Of course they need to be held accountable, but who is going to do that? At the end of the day, the stigma alone has devalued this phone. I like it a lot and would keep it. But it's just my opinion already that I don't see the value of the phone at it's current full retail price.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I think some might misunderstand the premise of an official CPSC recall. We probably do not want there to be an official recall by the CPSC. That would probably mean they do not agree with Samsung's findings and process to contain and manage. An official recall would make this longer. A voluntary recall (as is now) would mean in theory the CPSC agrees with Samsung's efforts to contain, correct and provide replacements and the "S" labeled ones are acceptable.

Still, this has not been normal so you never know.
Makes sense as to why they haven't said much.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Yeah hope this fiasco clears soon and replacements are available. I am reading more and more people have kept their phone because they do love it which is further more reason for replacements to be expedited. On a different note I loved the sview and the LED cover also on the note 7.

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Due to the negative press Note7 has had. Anyone in the market looking to buy one 2nd hand will think twice that's what I'm referring to.

Granted Samsung will replace the defective models with non defective models but still won't erase the notion from folks that the Note7 has a potential to have bad batteries.
For those of us who held out for a brand new recalled device we'll get more money because there will be less devices available. And even if you didn't have the "recalled" device, if it hasn't blown up in 2 years when people want to sell, it's probably not going to happen :)

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah hope this fiasco clears soon and replacements are available. I am reading more and more people have kept their phone because they do love it which is further more reason for replacements to be expedited. On a different note I loved the sview and the LED cover also on the note 7.

Wonder how well the LED cover will work in my back pocket

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I haven't been able to. I am as soon as the iPhone is available. Best Buy employees aren't exactly going out of their way to stay up to date about their own store's return policy on these phones.

Of course they need to be held accountable, but who is going to do that? At the end of the day, the stigma alone has devalued this phone. I like it a lot and would keep it. But it's just my opinion already that I don't see the value of the phone at it's current full retail price.

If I try to sell my phone. And a Buyer tries to give me a hard time. Saying it had a bad battery, or its not a safe phone, trying to get me to lower the price.
I will sTop all communications with them.
Next.
There will be somebody else that will be interested in it.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
So I am following another forum on android central and people are stating that a 3rd party does the testing for cspc. Hope that is not true and hope devices come before that begins :/. On a different note I spoke to Samsung 1800 number guy who said the devices will be approved in 7 to 10 business days from Monday of this week. At this point idk what to believe so I shall observe this situation till end of next week and decide on moving on or not. Love this phone but for now it's sitting on my desk turned off :( and yes the LED case worker perfect on my note 7