Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm staying with the Note 7 as my primary phone. TBH I never really considered resale value when I buy a phone since it was always more important to me that it did what I wanted. Also, I don't really resell my phones anyway with the exception of a good deal on a tradein - but I don't typically sell them in the open market.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...ll-is-getting-worse/?client=ms-android-att-us

What is going on samsung?? Either people are trying to jump on the explosion bandwagon or there is something legit goofed up here with Samsung. I have had samsung phone since s3 till note 7 and never found issues besides my s6 edge gets hot that's it.. so I still feel this is all bs ..these phones worked just fine and maybe very very few unlucky ones causing explosion :/? Idk

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...ll-is-getting-worse/?client=ms-android-att-us

What is going on samsung?? Either people are trying to jump on the explosion bandwagon or there is something legit goofed up here with Samsung. I have had samsung phone since s3 till note 7 and never found issues besides my s6 edge gets hot that's it.. so I still feel this is all bs ..these phones worked just fine and maybe very very few unlucky ones causing explosion :/? Idk
Pretty Much jump on the bandwagon. Nobody gave two **** about that s7 back in march or may lol same thing like how an iPhone caught fire mid air flight. Its whatever hot news is out there getting the fast click bait. Just more hits equal more money. Like an article grabbed a burned truck pic and made a story that it was Samsung's phone and made tons of click bait but the picture is from a collision accident lol. People will do whatever to get more hits and just happened to be Samsung .

Voxelflinger

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
No.. it's not verified that it *only* happens while charging. That's why CSPC and Samsung have issued statements to power down the phone and stop using it.

I do agree that the media is now latching on to any story out there that might possibly be a Note 7.

They're also not doing due diligence and verifying the facts before posting that it truly is the Note 7...

The headline feed this morning on ABC GMA was that there was actual video of someone's N7 blowing up... Yet when they got to the story, it changed to a "Samsung phone" - no specifics on what version, etc., and then they noted a couple of unconfirmed reports of S7 battery impacts. The typical "make a mountain out of a molehill" approach...

This one story is a prime example why I doubt anything I see from the media anymore.....

I am surprised no one has faulted Obama, Hillary or Trump for the Note 7 issue.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
So I am following another forum on android central and people are stating that a 3rd party does the testing for cspc. Hope that is not true and hope devices come before that begins :/. On a different note I spoke to Samsung 1800 number guy who said the devices will be approved in 7 to 10 business days from Monday of this week. At this point idk what to believe so I shall observe this situation till end of next week and decide on moving on or not. Love this phone but for now it's sitting on my desk turned off :( and yes the LED case worker perfect on my note 7
Yep and if their findings conflict with Samsung and their ability to contain, identify and correct- official CPSC recall.

This should also mean the N7s retailers have boxed up with the S are no good to the CPSC either. All bets off then on the fate of the Note 7. Ironic, since typing this on it. :(

Wish the V20 was out now. BIG HUGE opportunity miss by LG.

777Uplift

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Looks like best buy changed their recall page. It no longer says you can replace your existing note 7 with a new note 7.

These are the options now

1. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7-specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

2. Return your Note7 and receive a full refund.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yep and if their findings conflict with Samsung and their ability to contain, identify and correct- official CPSC recall.

This should also mean the N7s retailers have boxed up with the S are no good to the CPSC either. All bets off then on the fate of the Note 7. Ironic, since typing this on it. :(

Wish the V20 was out now. BIG HUGE opportunity miss by LG.
That I agree about the v20. I was tempted to move back to lg but they missed that mark big time.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
On top of the page you will see it says this, so the option to exchange for new note 7 is still there.

GALAXY NOTE7 EXCHANGE PROGRAM INFORMATION
We have stopped selling the Samsung Note7 due to a battery issue. Our primary goal is your safety, and we ask that you power down your device, and visit a Best Buy store for a return or exchange without a restocking fee. You will have the option to replace it with a new Note7 when they become available.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Looks like best buy changed their recall page. It no longer says you can replace your existing note 7 with a new note 7.

1. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7-specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

Will return the note. For full then turn around and buy it.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

They haven't change the faq anyways. So

777Uplift

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
They haven't change the faq anyways. So

used to say
"1. Exchange current Galaxy Note 7 device with a new Galaxy Note 7 (when product becomes available).
2. Exchange current Galaxy Note 7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note 7-specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.
3. Return your Note 7 and receive a full refund.
"

Now the first option is missing " Exchange current Galaxy Note 7 device with a new Galaxy Note 7 (when product becomes available)."

It's similar but they did remove the first point, not sure why...

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
used to say
"1. Exchange current Galaxy Note 7 device with a new Galaxy Note 7 (when product becomes available).
2. Exchange current Galaxy Note 7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note 7-specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.
3. Return your Note 7 and receive a full refund.
"

Now the first option is missing " Exchange current Galaxy Note 7 device with a new Galaxy Note 7 (when product becomes available)."

It's similar but they did remove the first point, not sure why...
Weird but as long as the FAQ says we can exchange it.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
It seems an official recall may be announced at 4.15 est time today...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnbc...citing-official.html?client=ms-android-att-us
Interesting... So one of two things will happen...

Extended delay or details released outlining what customers are to do immediately for replacement.

I'm betting the latter... With potential details outlining customers to turn in their devices as soon as today or this weekend.

I expect also that they'll announce all current "bad" IMEIs to be blocked as of 9/30 to force everyone to return the bad devices.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Interesting... So one of two things will happen...

Extended delay or details released outlining what customers are to do immediately for replacement.

I'm betting the latter... With potential details outlining customers to turn in their devices as soon as today or this weekend.

I expect also that they'll announce all current "bad" IMEIs to be blocked as of 9/30 to force everyone to return the bad devices.
Or recommended us to get the new iPhone.

zhingket

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
So the replacement is approved?

"Remedy

Consumers should immediately stop using and power down the recalled Galaxy Note7 devices purchased before September 15, 2016. Contact the wireless carrier, retail outlet or Samsung.com where you purchased your device to receive free of charge a new Galaxy Note7 with a different battery, a refund or a new replacement device. Go to Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US for more details."

Source: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note7 Smartphones Due to Serious Fire and Burn Hazards | CPSC.gov

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Yes I read that as replacement is approved. I also did my IMEI check and mine is affected phone. I called best buy they were still clueless however maybe today or tomorrow they will get the notice for getting new ones. Phew! At least they are approved from what I read. Hope no more crazy stuff happens.

zhingket

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
We should have a brand new replacement note before the 21st, there will be a long line tomorrow at bestbuy mobile because of the iphone 7 and note 7! LG should have take advantage of the situation and release the V20 yesterday, as some will go with the V20 instead of S7/S7 Edge.

Source: Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program

5. When can I buy a new Note7?
Our first priority will be to provide exchange program participants with a new Note7 as approved by the CPSC. New Note7s will be available at your carrier and retail outlets no later than September 21, 2016.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia