Best file manager?

Best file manager?

• Total voters

gslnr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
There are a great many file managers available for android, and new ones appear frequently. For instance, a real innovative one (with drag-and-drop, continuous zoom in all view, advanced multi-touch support and much more unique features) is ScaliCommander

If you have tried some file managers, which do you like most and why?

tdgobux

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
i like estrong, but i have yet to find one that would allow me to "copy all" or "move all" to another directory - more specifically, - moving ringtones from the sdcard to \system\media\ringtone
I realize that both astro & estrong offer this ability, just have not been able to get it to work

which one have you found that does this simply

gslnr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
i like estrong, but i have yet to find one that would allow me to "copy all" or "move all" to another directory - more specifically, - moving ringtones from the sdcard to \system\media\ringtone
I realize that both astro & estrong offer this ability, just have not been able to get it to work

In ScaliCommander, simply browse in one pane to the folder where you want to copy/move all items from, choose "multiselect" from the menu, then long-press the header, from the appearing context-menu, choose "select all", then browse in the second pane to the destination and use drag-and-drop.

But writing to \system\media\ringtone might not work because of missing permission from the Android-system. You have to "root" your phone for that.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i prefer estrongs actually but since it seems to stutter on my increidble i voted for astro and use that primarily

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Root explorer can do this. It's my preferred file manager.

Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Froyo on Hero action here!

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Estrong all the way.

Here is why:
- The ability to scan your wifi (without entering tons of configurations) for networked PCs and log into these PCs to move files from/to your Android device is priceless
- They have a Root explorer option (still in beta)
- Dev is super fast in responding (Dropbox issue got fixed in a day)
- Looks a lot better than the rest (IMHO)
- Maps your SD card to see what folder takes how much space
- Bookmark any file and place it on the homescreen
- FTP server access
- Bluetooth file transfer
- and tons of little "standard" features (batch operations, zip/unzip, etc...)

gslnr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
News about ScaliCommander

the website is now updated with a description of the new features of the brand-new version 1.2.3 and a better summary of the

most noteworthy features of ScaliCommander:
  • drag-and-drop with multi-select for file-operations, playlist-editing
  • continuous zoom in list- and gallery-view
  • adjustment of all colors and sized with real-time apply
  • unrivaled search with browse, sort, copy results while finding
  • unique multi-touch support for pane-layout, color-selection
  • solid file-management, e.g. move, copy, zip/unzip large/many files with detailed dialogs, abort operations at any time
Try out the ad-free, usable trial!

gslnr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
new version of ScaliCommander

device_play.png

iTunes-like audio playback for folders and playlists, seek without screech, full featured music player in the next version very soon now!

already usable as folder-based music player (also the free trial version!), edit playlists with drag-and-drop, multi-select while playing - see the website for instructions!

gslnr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
new version of ScaliCommander

Highly improved new version with iTunes-like music-player functionality

• full support for the android music-library: edit playlists with drag-and-drop, sort songs by name/album/artist/year, browse albums in "Cover Flow"
  • integration of music library and file system: drag songs from folder to library-playlist, open songs from library in file system...
  • options to select what details to show: icons, extensions, size, permissions, time modified (also as "ago")
  • improved drag-and-drop
  • many fixes and improvements
device.png
device_3.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson