Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
What are your impressions of it?
Not bad. The cut is good, but no rounded edges. Not a huge deal but it may be if you aren't using a case. Pretty much halo free but gives the look of it from the sides because of the straight edge. The coating is the best I've seen. Honestly I think it's better than the Spigens as far as fingerprints and smudges. I'm getting another one of these for my wife's, sending the rest back and calling it a day.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok. The Supershieldz arrived early so I put it on.
Amazon.com: Supershieldz- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Premium [Tempered Glass] Screen Protector Anti-Bubble Anti-Scratch & Anti-Fingerprint (0.3mm) Thin Lightweight Rounded Edge -Crystal Clear [1 Pack]- Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories
No halo... yet. Does the halo appear right away or after some time and the edges start to pull off the glass???

_MG_3468.jpg_MG_3470.jpg_MG_3474.jpg

I've become an expert at this now... definitely takes some practice.

The Supershieldz is about one millimeter shy when it comes to covering the non-curved viewable area of the screen. The Bear Motion appeared to cover the viewable area perfectly. The Supersheildz, however, covers more of the area around the home button. Best of luck in your search for perfect protection. Enjoy the holiday.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
The halo usually appears instantly when the screen is applied. Let us know how your Supershieldz & Bear Motion are after a few days as I don't see any halo on either one in your pictures. Maybe you've got revised versions that eliminated the halos because I'm pretty sure both of these brands originally had halos as reported by other forum members.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if you really want the screen protector to come all the way around the home button or do the three sided thing as most of them do. Having it come all the way around the home button might make fingerprint swipe more difficult. How has that worked out so far?

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So what's the general consensus on best glass with no halo effect? I keep refund like go back and forth on the ones that supposedly doesn't have a halo effect.

I read through a few pages but couldn't read all 64.

Nobbb

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I bought the MyBat glass protector. So far no halo and feels pretty good.
The cuts are good but edges aren't exactly rounded (but not sharp like needle that it will cut you easily)
So I'm just going permanent with this one.

Tired of wasting money and time sending back all those other ones

cheeriopup

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Anyone got recommendations for tempered protectors that protect all of the front panel? Especially width wise. I now have a random protector from ebay which is pretty good except it's fitted to cover only the screen and nothing else and unfortunately that seems to be the norm for most of them. I got Note for drawing and I know from experience with Nintendo DS that the pen sliding off the protector's edge - to the hole between it and the bezel of the case - is annoying as hell. Also what I learned from NDS is the damage a pen can do, so there's no way I'll be drawing before I can get a proper protector. It doesn't have to go all the way on both vertical ends (on top above the logo and below the home button) but width wise yes.

Save your Amazon links since ebay is my only choice. Don't know what Supershieldz is like but it can be ruled out as a no-go, shipping alone is 4 times the price of the shield itself. Any other brand recommendations are welcome but I'd rather keep it below $20.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I bought the MyBat glass protector. So far no halo and feels pretty good.
The cuts are good but edges aren't exactly rounded (but not sharp like needle that it will cut you easily)
So I'm just going permanent with this one.

Tired of wasting money and time sending back all those other ones
Same here. Not a fan of the square edges but all other aspects are superior to the majority. Noot is a close second.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone got recommendations for tempered protectors that protect all of the front panel? Especially width wise. I now have a random protector from ebay which is pretty good except it's fitted to cover only the screen and nothing else and unfortunately that seems to be the norm for most of them. I got Note for drawing and I know from experience with Nintendo DS that the pen sliding off the protector's edge - to the hole between it and the bezel of the case - is annoying as hell. Also what I learned from NDS is the damage a pen can do, so there's no way I'll be drawing before I can get a proper protector. It doesn't have to go all the way on both vertical ends (on top above the logo and below the home button) but width wise yes.

Save your Amazon links since ebay is my only choice. Don't know what Supershieldz is like but it can be ruled out as a no-go, shipping alone is 4 times the price of the shield itself. Any other brand recommendations are welcome but I'd rather keep it below $20.
The Zybbia on Amazon is edge to edge. Its actually a nice all around protector except that it has horrible halo due to the curved screen.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
783914fd6a277ca56590a4d24aa6e1c0.jpg

This one looks very promising. Good reviews on Amazon.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
That's not a glass protector it's film. The film ones don't have a halo because they're a lot more flexible than glass.

Donovan Houck

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I may have accidentally stumbled upon the answer to our glass screen protector / halo problem. I put a Zagg glass protector on my N4 the day it came out. I hated the halo but im hard on phones so i lived with it. I only had the phone about a week when it fell from about 3ft face down, right onto the corner of a stand shattering both the screen and screen protector. The lcd screen seemed ok so i found an online retailer that sold just the glass for $20 and attempted to fix it myself. No go. I broke the lcd. So $200 and 2 weeks later i got a new N4 through the insurance but i still have the new glass. It fits perfectly over the glass and theres no gap around the edges. It sticks up a little but my spiegen hybrid case works just fine. Now for the problem, there is no adhesive on the new screen. For fitment and testing i used a drop of water to hold it but thats obviously not long term. This could be huge if we could come up with an adhesive that won't damage the phone. Thought?

Donovan Houck

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I knew there had to be something, i just didn't know what it was called. Im going to have to do a little research to see if any of them offer easier removal than other.

Last edited:

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I originally bought the Poweradd™ Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Amazon before seeing this thread. There was a significant halo border that did not go away, luckily I was able to get a refund (and it looks like the item is "currently unavailable" on Amazon.)

After seeing the mixed, but mostly positive, reviews of the Zagg I decided to give it a shot. I'm hoping I ordered it late enough to get one of the 'new' screens. I was able to get it for half off on Black Friday, so I figured $17.49 wasn't too bad to spend to roll the dice esp with their lifetime warranty. I'll post again once I've received and installed the screen protector.

They've actually extended their 30% off Cyber Monday deal, so it's currently on sale for $24.95 with free shipping I believe:

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Screen Protector | ZAGG

Donovan Houck

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I was not happy with the zagg glass i purchased at best buy. It was the case friendly version (i don't know if they offer another ) It had a halo and dust got under the edge. It also failed to protect the screen during a face down 3ft fall on to a metal corner but in fairness to zagg im not sure any kind of screen protector could have.

One side note, they did replace the broken screen protector. I had to pay shipping ($5 something) and it took almost 2 weeks to get.

I loved the zagg glass for my s4. I just feel like they rushed this one and didn't test it.