Best Way to Backup the Note 7 (similar to iCloud Backup)???

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I know that Android does not have an iCloud-like backup where It can restore an entire backup image of your device. I just picked up the Note 7 and I need help in finding the best backup feature.

On my previous Android devices I've used an app called MY BACKUP PRO but most recent reviews, especially the newer Samsung phones, have not faired well.

It it best just to use the PC version of Samsung's Smart Switch and just backup the phone that way or is there an Android app that does it similar (or better)?

Thanks.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Use stock backup. Settings>accounts>backup. Can backup everything to your Samsung account. And yes it's similar to icloud ;)

Posted via the Android Central App

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks but I don't see this option on my Note 7 (Verizon).

Is this only for AT&T?

Not sure of it's only for AT&T. Its a samsung feature so I would be surprised if a carrier could remove this.

When you go into settings, do you have any backuo option. Google even provides a backup option.

Attachments

• 1172.jpg
    1172.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 111

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not sure of it's only for AT&T. Its a samsung feature so I would be surprised if a carrier could remove this.

When you go into settings, do you have any backuo option. Google even provides a backup option.

I see the Google option under backups but the Samsung one you screen grabbed looks just like what I'm looking for. I don't understand why I don't have it on my Note 7.

May have to contact Samsung about this.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I run my Android so my data is always backed up. I use Gmail for email. Done. I use Google everything for Docs, spreadsheets etc. Done. I use Google Drive to store all my files. Done. I keep all my notes in Google Keep. done. I make sure I use my free back up option with Google Photos for my pics. Done. I use Google Play Music for my music. Done. I don't care about sms.

Whenever I switch phones I log in and it's there. To me half the fun is rethinking what apps I want and setting up the home screens again. I don't understand why iCloud is seems so ground-breaking.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I run my Android so my data is always backed up. I use Gmail for email. Done. I use Google everything for Docs, spreadsheets etc. Done. I use Google Drive to store all my files. Done. I keep all my notes in Google Keep. done. I make sure I use my free back up option with Google Photos for my pics. Done. I use Google Play Music for my music. Done. I don't care about sms.

Whenever I switch phones I log in and it's there. To me half the fun is rethinking what apps I want and setting up the home screens again. I don't understand why iCloud is seems so ground-breaking.

I'm just like you. All my stuff is in the cloud so i don't have to worry about back ups.

cujo2344

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Once they root the phone, titanium backup is perfect.

Anything happens and you download titanium backup and it reloads all apps, with settings then all system settings

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

I'm the same. I don't get this need to transfer everything over. I login with Google and everything is there. I do the same in ios.

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Use Samsung Smart Switch. There are desktop apps and mobile apps. I would back it up to your desktop.

Thanks. This worked perfectly. Backed up everything I needed in one click. Even found my iTunes backup (from my previous iPhone 6S) and offered to transfer it over to my Note 7.

Samsung is definitely the leader when it comes to Android. Only phone besides the iPhone I would ever consider using.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with this question.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Does note 7 have a built in Note pad to sync backup also
Need something for my business
So if even i change to S8 all my important Text still be there
Can anyone suggest Please or suggest a App for it
Thanks

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just one click to transfer contacts, text messages, photos, videos, call logs, apps, music from Samsung to computer . All you need is a professional third-party app. Try Samsung Backup this professional phone data backup program .

I thought that Samsung cloud servies will stop in Nov

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon