Best Wireless Charger for Note 5

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I just got the Spigen wireless charger which is exactly like the Tylt and it ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT WORK if you have a case on your phone! Now I have to send this damn thing back even though I was told it would work.
Exact same thing happened to me. Wasn't going to remove my case every night so I packed it back up and sent it back. Cost like $4.50 to ship it back.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

MeridianSun

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Exact same thing happened to me. Wasn't going to remove my case every night so I packed it back up and sent it back. Cost like $4.50 to ship it back.

Works perfect with my otterbox commuter

Sent from my Note 5 using tapatalk

rtronick

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

Works perfect with my otterbox commuter

Sent from my Note 5 using tapatalk

I just got the Spigen wireless charger which is exactly like the Tylt and it ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT WORK if you have a case on your phone! Now I have to send this damn thing back even though I was told it would work.

I sent mine back also. Wouldn't charge with case on. Would only charge in landscape, and would quit charging even though the phone wasn't at 100% yet. Too many mornings picking up my phone and seeing less than 50% charged when the Note 5 sat on the charger all night.

jeremy81

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I got a WirelessIT Qi Wireless Charger for free for an Amazon review not too long ago. I was planning to get the Samsung quick wireless charger before I got this one and probably still will. I haven't had any issues with it stopping charging and it works great with my Samsung Flip Wallet on. It takes about 3 hours for a full charge.

IMG_0299.jpgIMG_0300.jpg

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a Best Buy gift card burning a hole in my pocket and I want to buy a wireless charger. BB doesn't have the Samsung fast charging puck yet. Should I wait for them to get it or buy the Tylt charger, which is on sale for $49.99?

I'm going to use the charger on my night stand to charge overnight so I really don't "need" fast charging.
Get the tylt vu or one that stands it up, you can use it as an alarm clock to on your night stand.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up the Samsung Fast Charge Wireless this evening at BestBuy here in Canada. Works great and works my case on it also. Thumbs up.

Amazon purchased Samsung Fast charging wireless pads - both work fine - center positioning good - charges through current case - Spigen Neo Crystal

Sleek, pretty fast, and oh so convenient - and way way cool looking - like the N 5!

Posted via the Android Central App

andysly5

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Decided to go with the tylt. Just tried it for a few minutes and it will only charge in landscape. Standing the note vertically does not work at all.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Decided to go with the tylt. Just tried it for a few minutes and it will only charge in landscape. Standing the note vertically does not work at all.

Yours might have a bad one. I'd take it back. Mine works vertically, although I've never tried it in landscape. I even have a Spigen case on it.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Samsung wireless charger that Best Buy gives away free with the phone. It's not the fast-charge kind but I use it on my nightstand overnight so it doesn't have to be fast. I don't use a case so I don't know if that would be a problem.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

Something is wrong with it. Mine works in portrait with no issues.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

phander

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
My TYLT and Note 5 don't place nicely in portrait either. I've had the TYLT a while.

This is with and without a case.

Sometimes I put it on absent-mindedly in portrait and I see a green light. I've noteicedin these circumstances the base of the phone is a few mm away from the front of the charger. My guess is that the coil (on the Note 5) falls quite close to the top edge of the TYLT charger and the angling on the phone means it just charges.
I've experimented with putting something at the bottom of the charing cradle (e.g. a piece of paper) to guarantee the angle. However, so far, no success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001