Better battery life after the update?

Kalifornia

Dude
Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Had anyone else noticed better battery life on their captivate after the recent update? Sorry if this was already posted...i didn't see anything.

I have a non rooted phone.

Kalifornia

Dude
Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I think I saw that but is that related to the update at all? I was referring to the recent software update and whether or not it had an impact on battery life.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
haven't noticed any improvement yet. tho i normally don't let the battery run down much. i'm usually at work plugged in to computer. sleeping plugged into wall. or using moderately on my days off.

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Sunday I drained the battery until it shut off. Charged it over night, then on monday I was at 63% after 16 Hrs of being unplugged so def improvement on battery life.

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't see much of a change but by allowing it to draining all the way and then charging using the bump charge theory helped increase battery life.
Also now that my gps is working my battery is better when using the Google Nav program.
I am using the phone very heavily for the web and I am getting about 6 hrs of almost constant use. When I use it in wifi mode it drops to about 4 hrs. The update did something to my wifi. It is getting a poor signal when it use to be excellent. Then if I put it in flight mode with wifi I get almost 8 hrs. My browser speeds up when surfing, but I still show poor in the wifi connection.

know1

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
It seems worse for me, but it's hard to tell.

It seems like this phone is very inconsistent when it comes to the battery drain. I mean that I can use it similarly on separate days and yet it lasts forever one time and drops fast the next.

Since the update, it seems to be dropping fast.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Didnt really notice a difference. But I can say I bought 2 back up batteries on ebay for this reason lol. Swap em out when they die. I usually do it once a day.

jking2z

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed a drop in battery life in my Captivate after the update. One day I charged it in to 100%, unplugged it and didn't use it at all. 6 hours later it was down to 60% for battery with something like 75% used by 'Cell Standby'.

I did find that people who have the Epic 4G are having a similar problem, though I don't know if they are the same problem?

http://forum.androidcentral.com/sprint-epic-4g/37034-those-batt-issues-after-upgrade.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan