Bixby update to open any app is live finally

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not able to use the mobile app to post in the forums, since I side loaded. I had to access Android Central via my phone's web browser, to do that. Just a FYI.

Anyway, I downloaded the XDA Bixby remap, so I could get Google Assistant to work with a single tap. I'm not happy really, because I'm not able to long press the Bixby button to initiate Google Assistant, while the phone is off. The only way this works, is by turning the phone on.

I understand the baby step theory, but I don't agree. This is greed on Samsung's part. However, it is their device, and it's up to us (the people that spent thousands on this device) to find work arounds.

Last edited:

68bowtie

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Man i'm getting mad, seeing everyone has this update but i still don't have it. Is there anyone else that hasn't got it?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Man i'm getting mad, seeing everyone has this update but i still don't have it. Is there anyone else that hasn't got it?

Hey, calm down - we got Pie/One UI without having to go through the whole sideload thing. That's worth something - damned!
Laugh_1a.jpg

Still_Thurro

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Bixby really isn't that bad... It's actually useful. Still, I remapped the button to launch Samsung Pay work a double tap and kept Bixby with a long press.