Bixby update to open any app is live finally

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I still wish it would let you get rid of the Bixby option all together and let you choose 2 apps that you'd like instead...
Any reason why we can't pick the Google Assistant as the app to open with a single press?
Any reason why we can't pick the Google Assistant as the app to open with a single press?
You may have to disable Bixby, in order to get your chosen options to function properly.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...-bxactions-remap-bixby-button-single-t3832301

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Did you try disabling Bixby?
My understanding is Bixby has to be enabled for BXactions to work. Either way, I finally reinstalled after seeing how useless Samsung's new remapping option was. Seems to be working fine now on my Note 9 (before it was on my S8). Just have free version now set to change my sound mode. Might upgrade soon though.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is Bixby has to be enabled for BXactions to work. Either way, I finally reinstalled after seeing how useless Samsung's new remapping option was. Seems to be working fine now on my Note 9 (before it was on my S8). Just have free version now set to change my sound mode. Might upgrade soon though.

I suggested to try, because BX Actions was working fine for me with long press turn on flashlight and suddenly one day, the phrase HI BIXBY was opnening Bixby but turning on flashlight also.
The Dev of BX Actions advised me to disable Bixby and all was good.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I suggested to try, because BX Actions was working fine for me with long press turn on flashlight and suddenly one day, the phrase HI BIXBY was opnening Bixby but turning on flashlight also.
The Dev of BX Actions advised me to disable Bixby and all was good.
Interesting. Good to know moving forward.