Bluetooth and wifi problems with HTC Sensation

clydoinsb

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
My HTC Sensation wifi stopped some time ago, the phone was rooted when I picked it up 2nd hand, and I had no knowledge of how to fix it except reboot the device which fixed nothing. The Bluetooth stopped working soon after, so I took it to a tech friend who was able to re-install the stock os, but the wifi still does not work (says "error"). The Bluetooth is back, it can connect to devices, but I get audio only:(, microphone is not working, Help! Rebooting has not resolved the issues. I read somewhere that the upgrade to ICS os is the culprit. Can someone in the know please tell me what the problem is or suggest any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you!

Kaj Kandler

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth and wifi problems with HTC Sensation - might be a failing battery

I had similar problems with my Sensation (after two years). In my case it was a bulging (failing) battery.

Open up your back cover, and have a look at your battery. Does it sit flat in the compartment? Can you wiggle it (you should not be able to do so)? As all the antennae are on the back cover, the bulging battery lets the contacts loose tension. In my case it was the GPS that lost contact first. Pushing firmly on the back top right (when looking from the front), did get me GPS fixes and releasing did make them go away soon. And the battery did clearly wobble on a flat table.

A replacement battery (original) was cheaply purchased over the Internet and did restore my Sensation to working condition.

maryann1234

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I have HTC sensation and have the same problem my wifi wont work, when i turn it on its says turning on but never comes on. Anyone that knows what may be the problem?

Ruffie2

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Firstly, these phones are a waste of time, really crap. Regret ever being on contract with the htc. My blue tooth, wifi, camera, flash and audio port stopped working too. Now because I dnt give about the phone, I opened it up and realized the issue. On my phone, there are two electronic ribbons which pass under the battery leading to the top section of the phone eg. camera etc, coming from the processor. Well, one of the ribbons was completely cut off(maybe due to the frequent hits to the wall because i was annoyed with it). But most likely its the loose connections.For me, the blue tooth and wifi stays on connecting and never connects