Bluetooth Headsets

KenshoSC

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hello all...as I ramp up my excitement about the Evo, I wanted to start considering the extras..

I have never been a huge fan of Bluetooth headsets. I figure with a phone that looks this good I might want to get a very good bluetooth headset to go along with it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on headsets or anythings to lookout for when choosing (I assume Android has no issues with bluetooth but coming from blackberry, I have no idea...)

Thanks!

yazman666

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Jawbone ICON Bluetooth Headset (now with A2DP)
The Jawbone ICON Bluetooth headset just got an update to include stereo music support (otherwise known as A2DP), and it has a new, reduced price, too. The ICON features Jawbone's proprietary NoiseAssassin technology, which makes suer you can be heard in just about any environment. And it's available in six colors, so it looks good, too. The Jawbone ICON Bluetooth Headset is available for $96.95 in the Android Central Store. (Sponsored post)

Reactions: phillysdon04

djdisturbed

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
and Blueant headset have a android app that makes them work well w/ android phones (easy set up and extra's that are available to android owners)

djdisturbed

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Jawbone ICON Bluetooth Headset (now with A2DP)
The Jawbone ICON Bluetooth headset just got an update to include stereo music support (otherwise known as A2DP), and it has a new, reduced price, too. The ICON features Jawbone's proprietary NoiseAssassin technology, which makes suer you can be heard in just about any environment. And it's available in six colors, so it looks good, too. The Jawbone ICON Bluetooth Headset is available for $96.95 in the Android Central Store. (Sponsored post)

Yeah, BUT you only get the right channel of the A2DP stereo sound

atomicdog21

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
HD content deserves high end sound outputs, and I've actually been looking the last few days for a great combo device, so I'm hoping someone can help here:

I think a bluetooth headset that can be be left and right earpieces for "headphones" would be awesome if it had an option to remove and use just one as a straight talking piece. Anyone know of such a thing?

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I am currently using a plantronics discovery 975 with my palm pre and I must say that I really love it. I dont like my Palm pre phone because it cycles from headset to handset to speaker to bluetooth making it very very annoying when I am on it. Hopefully the EVo will support the Bluetooth I have which I dont see why not but anyway here is a link to it.. I have been very impressed with it so far.. sleek, elegant and just pimp looking..

Plantronics Discovery 975 Bluetooth Earpiece | Simplicity Redefined

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I like my Samsung WEP870. Its a combo device and supports mono and stereo (and also has headphones). The headphones part doesn't really work with my ears, but not many things do. The headset fits fine and I picked it up for $17 on Newegg in January. Battery life is amazing on it, too.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I like the BlueAnt Q2. It is expensive, but it is a very nice headset, sound quality is great. I also like the Jabra Extreme. I have both, but just gave the Q2 to my wife, because it didn't fit me as well as the Extreme. Extreme is a less expensive option, but works just as well. The only thing I miss about the Q2 is fact that the Q2 announces who is calling, so you don't have to look at your phone when it rings.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for a cheaper one for my wife to use... she breaks things, and I imagine I will have to replace it a few times.

Any ideas?

jregan68

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I use the Motorola H790. It can be found in the Android Central Store here http://store.androidcentral.com/motorola-h790-bluetooth-headset/9A32A5974.htm. It has great battery life and recharges quickly. The call quality is outstanding as is the noise cancelling. A lot of people I talk to can't even tell I am using a bluetooth headset. It is very slim and light weight as well. Here is a picture of it :
1.jpg

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
If what you are looking for is just something for handsfree use then the bluetooths listed above should work well for you. If you want one that can also handle music then your choices are limited.

I use a Jabra BT8010 for both music and handsfree. It has a detachable 2nd ear piece so I can easily convert from listening to stereo music to the car. Sadly Jabra has stopped making this model and I have not been able to find anything that is similar.

Doc

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have used Plantronics 510, 520, Pro. Motorola ones, and BlueAnt.

Blue Ant was the worst. the z9i horrible sound.

Motorola was the 550 and I lost it, but it worked ok.

They plantronics have been the best and I wouldn't go with another brand. Ever. PERIOD.

Ronald

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Off topic question. I have the Icon. When I set it up, I have it pair with both the phone and media.

However, every time I turn on bluetooth and my Icon, it only connects to phone audio. I have to go into Settings => Wireless & networks => Bluetooth settings => Jawbone ICON options, and disconnect & unpair, and then the Icon. This is, needless to say, less than optimal.

Any one else having this problem? BTW, I am rooted, running Myns Warm 2.2 Rls 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao