Bluetooth issues

mackie8

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Im having BT issue with my bose headphones....
Connected but no sound... Track is playing on spotify..... I need to restart the phone before it plays properly....

I went to apple store to test airpods..
Im surprised in airpods i dont have BT issue...

Could it be bose not compatible with oreo?

murrayrj1986

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
I've got the skipping issue with my Pixel 2 XL and my Bluetooth headphones. Every 30 seconds or so which is mildly irritating. I'll see what happens when the November update arrives...

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty late into this thread, but I imagine some bluetooth issues can be related to the other device as opposed to the phone. Since upgrading from my 6P to the Pixel 2, I have had nearly zero bluetooth problems. My old 6P used to skip or lose connection with my bluetooth earbuds when I run, and it would also have occasional disconnects from the radio unit in my truck. But my new Pixel 2 has been like smooth butter for bluetooth; no problems during runs or in my truck and I'm extremely satisfied with its bluetooth performance.

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Chevy Mylink in 2015 Chevy SS. Only issue is that there is some skipping when I first turn on the car and try to listen to Bluetooth. I believe this is occurring when the phone book is being downloaded to the car. Aftrer that initial 20 seconds or so, everything works great.

Bowers and Wilkins PX headphones - No issues, and my god I love the sound these have.

LG Watch Sport - I had to disable Play phone audio on watch. This is what allows you to answer the phone with your watch. It worked on the OG Pixel XL, but on my Pixel XL 2 it cause a 15-30 second pause, when answering a call on the phone, so that you can't hear the person calling and they can't hear you. I miss that feature. If I was away from my phone I could still answer the call on the way to picking up the handset.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Chevy Mylink in 2015 Chevy SS. Only issue is that there is some skipping when I first turn on the car and try to listen to Bluetooth. I believe this is occurring when the phone book is being downloaded to the car. Aftrer that initial 20 seconds or so, everything works great.

Bowers and Wilkins PX headphones - No issues, and my god I love the sound these have.

LG Watch Sport - I had to disable Play phone audio on watch. This is what allows you to answer the phone with your watch. It worked on the OG Pixel XL, but on my Pixel XL 2 it cause a 15-30 second pause, when answering a call on the phone, so that you can't hear the person calling and they can't hear you. I miss that feature. If I was away from my phone I could still answer the call on the way to picking up the handset.
Yep same issue with my Frontier S3 watch had to turn off phone audio very disappointing as answering on my watch as one of my favorite features, it still shows the caller or the number but the only option is to decline not to answer, so now I have to take my phone out of my pocket to answer it
That did resolve any issues with Bluetooth through the phone though

Astronomyisfun

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site
I have a pixel 2 xl. When I try and pair it with any of my 3 Bluetooth headsets it doesn't even see them.

The only connection I could manage was to my laptop.

The BT headsets are 2 Sony's xb650bt and an earbud pair and a Skullcandy pair. These work on everything else I have, laptop, Sony tablet, iPad mini, iPhone, Galaxy 6 edge, nexus 6p.

Anyone else?

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Yep same issue with my Frontier S3 watch had to turn off phone audio very disappointing as answering on my watch as one of my favorite features, it still shows the caller or the number but the only option is to decline not to answer, so now I have to take my phone out of my pocket to answer it
That did resolve any issues with Bluetooth through the phone though

Yup, same exact thing here. I really miss the answer on my watch feature as well.

Astronomyisfun

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site
Got some success...

I had tried NFC. It didn't work. But I went into the settings and turned off Android Beam, then tried again to connect via NFC. I have both Sony's connected now, but still no joy with the Skullcandy's.

Still shouldn't need to use NFC though. All these devices should show up when you try and pair a new device. Not like Bluetooth is bleeding edge technology, it has been around for yonks. I mean I am technically adept (I work in tech and have done so for well over 35 years and it took me hours to get it sorted. I can't imagine how well a plug and play user would fair.

Not cool.

Hell of a phone though, super impressed so far.

Thanks.

Astronomyisfun

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site
It is the only way I could pair any headphones at all. When I went into pairing mode the only devices that showed up were my laptop, another cellphone and a TV. None of my 3 BT headphones nor a BT keyboard ever showed. I tried in safe mode, I did a factory reset, nothing.

The only way I could get the 2 Sony units to pair was via NFC. And that only worked after I turned off Android Beam. So are you trying to tell me I am making all that up?

I shared my steps so that anyone else that has the same problem could try it and see if it works.

Oh, by the way, I just tried pairing the Skull Candy BT buds and the keyboard. Stll don't show in the screen.

Do you need me to share a screen shot?

Astronomyisfun

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site
I did a factory reset, used a different gmail account and added no apps and tried pairing and had the same problem. The only way I got the headsets to connect was the above. I don't have a car kit so I haven't tried that.

iamtheesch

Nov 21, 2017
Visit site
I just got a Ticwatch S and the Ticpods made by Mobvoi. The watch paired just fine but I couldn't get the Ticpods (bluetooth headphones) to pair at all. The phone wouldn't even pick them up in discoverable mode. Definitely kind of frustrating, but hopefully these connectivity issues can be fixed through an O/S update or something.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It’s definitely too bad to hear about these issues. I’ve been using an iPhone for awhile and Bluetooth is flawless so I’m a little afraid to switch back to a Pixel with these issue possibilities.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It’s definitely too bad to hear about these issues. I’ve been using an iPhone for awhile and Bluetooth is flawless so I’m a little afraid to switch back to a Pixel with these issue possibilities.

So far mine has been flawless. I use BT everyday at work for my headset and also in the truck (even w/ both connected in the truck it still works fine).

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I have trouble connecting Pixel 2 bluetooth to Ford SYNC (2011 Escape). It goes like this....
I start the car and SYNC tries to connect and fails. I manually try to connect from the phone and usually it will connect then disconnect - sometimes it sticks - but almost always on the second try from the phone it connects and stays connected.

I previously had a Nexus 6P and when I would start the car it would auto connect and resume playing whatever I was last listening to in seconds.

anybody have a solution? same problem?
I had lots of issues with two Ford Syncs. Until I set the AVRCP to 1.6. Try changing that setting.

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Any update on this? My Pixel 2 connects via Bluetooth to the car but it's wonky. I hit play on the phone, nothing, then I hit play on the car and it starts playing. Then Pandora plays music, then a slight pause for the ad, and it stops. I hit play again on the car and it starts to play but I can tell the ad has been playing for a bit so it wasn't paused.

Then I play audiobooks through Hoopla. When I initially hit play the play symbol turns to the pause symbol (like it's playing), switches to play, then I hit play, changes to the pause symbol, then back to the play symbol, then I hit play on the car, nothing, play on the phone....I do this like 10 times before it works.

Anyone still have this problem or find a fix?

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2015 Cadillac XTS with the CUE Bose System. Here is the issue:

1. I start the car. The car initializes and connect to Bluetooth.

2. Tidal doesn't auto-play. (No problem here but would be nice.)

3. I play a track. All is well.

4. I'm riding with one hand and leaning now. Then it's time for track 2 (next track). No sound.

I look at the phone, Tidal is streaming but no sound.

5. On my phone, I have to pause then press play to hear the music. Or on the Caddy screen, press play, then pause, then play again.

On another tip: I have no problems with any other Bluetooth devices (portable speaker, headphone, etc.), just the ride.

My package: Pixel 2 XL, latest Tidal app, and latest CUE for '15 XTS Platinum.

Sireel

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I've had Bluetooth connection issues with my Pixel 2 XL. Was fine the first week then randomly started dropping connection in my car. Rebooted and reconnected. So far so good in the car. However now randomly dropping connection with my Jaybird Bluetooth ear buds. Keep having to reconnect.

swuzy

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Very disappointing / frustrating that the Pixel 2 I got for my wife will not pair to our 2015 Honda Odyssey system. Neither sees the other.

Please fix.

Now I think I will need to wait for news of and evidence of Pixel 2 BT/Pandora connectivity before I upgrade my Nexus 6P to the Pixel 2 XL.