bluetooth not active when phone is in standby on Galaxy S7 edge

Roychip

Nov 2, 2020
Visit site
I have just purchased a new car and after adding my S7 edge to the car |I noticed that after leaving the car for a while the phone graphic would not appear on the cars screen.
Looking into this I found that the phones bluetooth signal was not there when the phone was in standby, the only way I can get the car to see the phone is to turn bluetooth off and then on again on the phone. I used a "bluetooth sig strength" app on my wifes phone to prove this, when my phone was in standby there was 0 signal and when I switched bluetooth of and then on it came back at about 54db
Anybody got this problem or better still found a solution.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. To reply to this thread and receive notifications when others reply please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

I can only think of 2 reasons this might be happening and both are related to the battery.

Apps that are put to sleep will suspend when the screen is put to sleep or allowed to time out. I find it difficult to imagine that BT would be one that could be put to sleep but check your sleeping apps. Settings>Device care/health>Battery>App power management>Sleeping apps & Deep sleeping apps.

The other would be due to Power Mode. If the power mode is set to a higher level BT might be one of the things it turns off to save power. Try changing your Power mode setting. Settings>Device care/health>Battery>Power mode

Let us know what you find and if you still need help.

Roychip

Nov 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi Vidjunky
Thanks for your reply
I tried both of your suggestions.
BT was not in either sleep or deep sleep mode and the power saver is OFF

If you think of anything else I would be grateful. At the moment whenever I get in the car I turn BT off then back on and all is OK.

Regards
Roy