Bose QC20 headphones - will "Apple" version work on an Android phone?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Dear Android Central, is the "Apple" version of Bose QC20 compatible with an Android phone? I have a giftcard for BestBuy, and they carry the "Apple" version but not the "Android" one. I searched online, but I can't find a definitive answer whether I would be able to use the "Apple" version of BoseQC20 with my Android phone. I will greatly appreciate any explanation and guidance that you can offer. Thank you in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It may not work correctly. Although the sound may work, the remote control buttons might not (and in fact, they might send false signals to the phone, causing unintended pauses, Google Assistant activations, etc.).

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bose QC20 headphones - will "Apple" version work on an Android phone?

I believe it's just a different cable so all button features may not work. Im not sure where you can get the right cable but I would try Bose. They are pretty helpful.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bose QC20 headphones - will "Apple" version work on an Android phone?

I just realized that you said headphones but the QC20s are really earbuds. You can't change the cable. The volume controls may not work on the wire and you would have to adjust volume on the device.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgsegds