Bought "New" LgV10 off ebay and its rooted?

NEDNERBISH

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought a "New" Lg V10 through a eBay seller with an amazing record, but I bought through an PayPal invoice as eBay wouldn't let me buy it which was weird id get a "seller isn't accepting offers from you" message pop up. So I called them and I got it through invoice via paypal. It showed up yesterday and it is spotless not even micro scratches and plastic still on it, still on metal too. But I went to update it and it said it was rooted!? But it's on lollipop. Should I be glad it's rooted? I have rooted and flashed one phone years ago and enjoyed all the different roms. But I would've liked stock to get updates and also fingerprint scanner doesn't work. I saw a lot of people wanted to root their v10 but can't after lollipop update. Should I be happy? Do they do it to "unlock" it? What can I do beneficial or fun with it rooted? I do get 1 error when I power on that "teleyphone( spelled that way) has stopped working" press ok then it goes away. If you were me and paid 250$ for an advertised brand new Lg v10 then got it and it was rooted would you keep it or return it and go another few weeks phoneless waiting for refund then paying to return and waiting for the new phone (if I did return I would get another phablet like galaxy note 3? I have 5 days to return. I'm just so confused and wondering what others would do? Its as if someone got it, opened it rooted it then did a facory reset and put it right back in box. I like the phone I'm just wary of the error and I can live w out fingerprint scanner. Other than that it runs great, though battery life sucks. I do love the 4gb ram and 64gb expandable memory and I really do like the phone. I'm just so conflicted and wonder what others would do?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I bought a "New" Lg V10 through a eBay seller with an amazing record, but I bought through an PayPal invoice as eBay wouldn't let me buy it which was weird id get a "seller isn't accepting offers from you" message pop up. So I called them and I got it through invoice via paypal. It showed up yesterday and it is spotless not even micro scratches and plastic still on it, still on metal too. But I went to update it and it said it was rooted!? But it's on lollipop. Should I be glad it's rooted? I have rooted and flashed one phone years ago and enjoyed all the different roms. But I would've liked stock to get updates and also fingerprint scanner doesn't work. I saw a lot of people wanted to root their v10 but can't after lollipop update. Should I be happy? Do they do it to "unlock" it? What can I do beneficial or fun with it rooted? I do get 1 error when I power on that "teleyphone( spelled that way) has stopped working" press ok then it goes away. If you were me and paid 250$ for an advertised brand new Lg v10 then got it and it was rooted would you keep it or return it and go another few weeks phoneless waiting for refund then paying to return and waiting for the new phone (if I did return I would get another phablet like galaxy note 3? I have 5 days to return. I'm just so confused and wondering what others would do? Its as if someone got it, opened it rooted it then did a facory reset and put it right back in box. I like the phone I'm just wary of the error and I can live w out fingerprint scanner. Other than that it runs great, though battery life sucks. I do love the 4gb ram and 64gb expandable memory and I really do like the phone. I'm just so conflicted and wonder what others would do?

Its really up to you but I would return it

NEDNERBISH

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless it was sold as a 'rooted teleyphone', I'd return it immediately.

No it was listed as Brand New unlocked. And I googled teleyphone and it seems it's malware. I'm going to contact seller tomorrow and see about a truly New one or I'll ask for refund. Though I do really like the phone and being rooted doesn't bother me. Neither does the fingerprint scanner I just dont want an infected device. But it is in brand new condition 100% externally.

NEDNERBISH

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless it was sold as a 'rooted teleyphone', I'd return it immediately.

I contacted them twice by phone today and I asked why my phones in mint condition "still had plastic on metal and everything looked spotless" but I received it rooted and here's the reply the owner sent me. " We offer a 30 day warranty on all our items. Return I instructions a were included with your item. FYI rooted is the method used to unlock your device so you can use it with other carriers this is a discontinued phone model no longer supported by manufacture warranty." as I told them I was returning it and they can send me a brand new one. They sent return label, Then that email. That would make a lot of sense to me why it is brand new but rooted. Which makes me feel like keeping the phone. Titanium backup shows h900 model and rom as pplus_att_us-user 5.1.1 LMY47V. Does all this add up?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bought "New" LgV10 off ebay and its rooted?

Contact LG and ask them whether the device would still be covered by their Standard Warranty, given its history so far.
Unless the rooting and unlocking, and any possible consequences thereof, had been described beforehand in the conditions of sale, I personally would not wish to keep it. Retailers sometimes do that to make a device more usable, and say so up front, in which case, fair enough.
Whether the device would become relocked after a factory reset, should you perform one, or after a software update, I don't know.
But what to do with the phone is of course your choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali