Brand new Ultra, awful battery (UK)

Michaelw1981

Nov 22, 2019
Visit site
Hey guys, my 21 Ultra is 2 days old, and the battery is awful. I use it a fair bit through the day in work, between jobs for Spotify, Twitter and WhatsApp mainly. I'm getting something silly like 2-3hrs screen on time and it just disappears on stand by too. I saw one helpful poster inform us how to wipe the cache partition and install galaxy labs, with the app booster, but they haven't really improved it at all. It still says its learning my usage, but I didn't think it would be this poor? I've come from a Huawei P30 Pro, which is a fantastic phone, and I'm missing it, if I'm honest. Please reassure me it will get better, and what type of screen on time I can expect, because honestly, I'm close to wanting to send it back

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have the regular s21 5g and the battery is awesome here in the states how your signal? That can cause battery loss with a bad signal. Have you gone through all the battery saving tips?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have the regular s21 5g and the battery is awesome here in the states how your signal? That can cause battery loss with a bad signal. Have you gone through all the battery saving tips?

I have called Samsung and they are always a big help I also use their text service.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
There's signal strength, as said. Also is your display brightness at 100%?

You've probably got a dodgy background app... For reference, I'm in the UK and get about 6 hours screen time and my battery lasts all day with heavy use.

Last edited:

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
Hey guys, my 21 Ultra is 2 days old, and the battery is awful.

Have you gone into the settings and see if there's a software update available? I also have an S21 5G Ultra and the battery on mine went from OK when I first bought it 4 months ago to bad after a May update to fantastic after a June update. Mine can now go over 4.5 days between charges with low to medium use.

battery.jpg

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S21 Ultra, (SM-G998B), on U.K. stock Samsung, non carrier branded firmware, CSC code BTU.

Best phone for battery life and SoT, (Screen on Time). Usually get around 24 - 27 hours battery life with 7-9 hours SoT.

Give the phone at least 3 or 4 full charge and discharge cycles before judging the battery life on a freshly set up phone as there will be a lot of things such as sync'ing and updating going on and the phone needs to learn your normal usage.

Also, check that all your apps are running correctly. I would recommend wiping the cache partition and using the Galaxy App Booster. See...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...partition-galaxy-app-booster.html#post6948029

C8CgmGUl.png

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Did you restore the phone from a backup? I find that sometimes this can cause bugs that impact on battery life. I had issues with my S10+ battery life being awful. I had a new battery installed and the life was still terrible. Similar to yours. I reset the phone and set it up as a new phone. After a few days the battery life really improved. Went from about 8 hours total with 3 or so hours SoT to about 18 hours with 4 or 5 hours usage. Not as good as my Pixel 4a 5G which is getting nearly 2 days with 5+ hours SoT. But better than it was before.

fanisk

Nov 1, 2019
Visit site
Hey guys, my 21 Ultra is 2 days old, and the battery is awful. I use it a fair bit through the day in work, between jobs for Spotify, Twitter and WhatsApp mainly. I'm getting something silly like 2-3hrs screen on time and it just disappears on stand by too. I saw one helpful poster inform us how to wipe the cache partition and install galaxy labs, with the app booster, but they haven't really improved it at all. It still says its learning my usage, but I didn't think it would be this poor? I've come from a Huawei P30 Pro, which is a fantastic phone, and I'm missing it, if I'm honest. Please reassure me it will get better, and what type of screen on time I can expect, because honestly, I'm close to wanting to send it back

For sure something is going wrong!
I am on the 1st of June update, Exynos version and get 2 days with approx 4 hours of screen on time with 20% battery still left.
I had issues originally with the phone and the battery I soppose due to restoring from a back up.
I then reset the phone and made a fresh set up without using a Google back up only the Samsung back up in which I exclude the apps, contacts, home screen.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I have seen a drop in battery life since getting the phone. I have to confess I haven't investigated it fully (it may be just coincidental that I am using my phone more than before) but chrome by a long way is the biggest drain on my battery. I'm wondering if the chrome updates are causing this rather than anything else.

It used to be I was going to bed at night with 50% charge left after charging the previous night. Now I'm at 50% and it's not even 4pm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz