Brightness Setting

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
What brightness setting is everyone using for normal daytime indoor use? I find that the auto feature is kind of dark and leave it set at full with the color mode on dynamic and the check mark for adjust screen to conserve power unchecked. Looks great like that. Is anyone satisfied with the auto enabled brightness level?

GCMS

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't set it at full it's marked about 1/4 of the way full and have it at standard mode and love it.

SanGo

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I spend most of my time inside and for me it's plenty visible at the lowest setting. When I'm out in the day time though it's cranked up about half way

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I initially had mine on auto bright with the standard setting , but yea I agree its was to dark. I choose to put it at 50% & check the auto brightness so it adjust to ambient light. This def. Pulls on the battery tho I guess the stock settings are set up for optimal batt life , but what good is having this sexy screen if you can't show it off. I also had the original galaxy S, & it seem to adjust much smoother & faster than sgsII, & in direct sunlight it would screem bright, however sgsII brightens up, but doesn't seem to completely brighten up as the first galaxy S did.

I know your batterys taking a toll on full brightness isn't it?

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I got a brightness widget that lets you choose a value between 0-250, it has 3 stages and I have it at 35 for when I am indoors but if I am outside I press once and go to 120, but if I have my sunglasses on I press it again and have it jump to 250. even then my display is easily the top drain on the battery when I go into the settings menu and check on it.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have it set at about 25% and adjust it up if I'm outside but not for too long. I'm getting close to 4 hours of on screen time most days which I think is pretty good.

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I can just about see it at the lowest setting and 25% is were it is usable but it looks the best at 100% and since I have it on a charger most of the time I leave it on full.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I can just about see it at the lowest setting and 25% is were it is usable but it looks the best at 100% and since I have it on a charger most of the time I leave it on full.
Doesn't your phone get hot? I put mine up to 75% and after about ten minutes of surfing it's up to 108?

titanoman

Banned
Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

I'm always on my charger too,so I leave it on 100%, no heat issues.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have it at 100% with the screen time out on 10 min. and it's not even warm. Unless I am playing some intense games.

jcpadron

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Just a tip:

The top drop-down menu bar works as a brightness adjuster. Just hold your finger at one end and slowly drag it left or right to adjust the brightness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe