Broke my root...

chuman72486

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
After downloading the Superuser 3.0 update, it seems everything's been going downhill. It refuses to update my SU binary from 2.3.1 to 3.0, busybox can no longer update, and the most recent time I tried to get Superuser to update the SU binary, it reports it was unable to get root access. Most of my other root based programs seem to work, like CacheMate or Titanium Backup, but I'm worried about why Superuser won't work right anymore and why the Busybox Installer won't properly update anymore (no matter the version I pick, it reports 1.18.0.git installed, which isn't even one of the options available to install)

I tried running the One-Click Root again and it claims it was successful, but I see no change on the phone itself. I have a ton of apps installed and I'd really rather not have to go reverting to stock just to fix this.

chuman72486

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I removed Superuser 3.0 and somehow it reverted back to 2.3, and after reverting to the stock kernel, I was able to run the One-Click Root properly. I still can't use Superuser 3.0, but at least 2.3 seems to be working just fine. I guess I'll just have to wait for them to get all the bugs out of 3.0...