Buy now or wait (a little)?

olliewills

Aug 3, 2018
Visit site
Evening all,

Pretty standard question, I'm in the market for a new phone to replace my ageing HTC One (M7). I'm really liking the look of the Mate 10 Pro right now but I know the Mate 20 is probably just a couple of months around the corner.

I can get the mate 10 pro on Amazon now for like £380 which seems like ridiculous value for money. I assume the reason its such good value is because it has been tainted by the fact that it was the phone that was supposed to take Huawei into the US but never did.

So, should I go for the Mate 10 Pro now or wait and see what the Mate 20 looks like? My situation is not helped by the fact that I just got a bonus from work which is now sat burning a hole in my pocket and tempting me! My partner also just replaced her SGS3 with an S8 and while I'm not a huge fan of the Samsung way of doing things, it makes my current phone look particularly bad.

All thoughts appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm sorry for the late response!

This is a particularly difficult decision to make - you can get last year's model for a steal; but then again, the new one is just around the corner and you are wanting to see if that's a better option - and a lot of users here (myself included!) have gone through that.

While the Mate 20 is just around the corner and will be awesome, in my own biased opinion, if I were in the same position, I'd probably go with the 10 Pro. Even though the device has been out for a while, the specs, processor, etc are still top notch. And sometimes, the proposed differences between two subsequent iterations aren't always worth the "upgrade pricetag," in my opinion.

However, if you are really stuck, you can always wait and see what the 20 is like via reviews and such when it comes out; and make your choice then. That way, you may feel more informed about both phones and will be able to make a "more secure" choice.

Good luck, and let us know what happens!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cequens