Buy the G2 or hold out for something better?

hallmr09

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I can upgrade my phone at the end of January and am considering the G2. Would you guys recommend that I wait until the next HTC phone and galaxy s5 are announced at the beginning of the year, or go with the G2 when I can upgrade? In terms of specs I'm not sure how much better the new phones will be compared to what the G2 already has.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,
I can upgrade my phone at the end of January and am considering the G2. Would you guys recommend that I wait until the next HTC phone and galaxy s5 are announced at the beginning of the year, or go with the G2 when I can upgrade? In terms of specs I'm not sure how much better the new phones will be compared to what the G2 already has.

The LG G2 is a good phone and there's nothing wrong with buying one today.

There's always something newer right around the corner but that has no bearing on whether or not you should buy the G2 now.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,
There will always be something better around the corner. If you need the device now then get the G2 when you are eligible. Otherwise, hold out to see what is offered in the coming months and go from there.

hallmr09

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
There will always be something better around the corner. If you need the device now then get the G2 when you are eligible. Otherwise, hold out to see what is offered in the coming months and go from there.

I guess I don't need it necessarily. My Razr is getting sluggish but not unbearable.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
The G2 is already a little ahead of the game. The second version of the HTC One, M8, is rumored to have a snapdragon 800, which the G2 already has. 2 gigs ram is more than enough.

I agree with the post above though, if you need a phone now, get the G2. If not, no harm in waiting a month or two.

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the G2 and I must say it`s simply an amazing phone in every aspect... great screen,amazing battery life, good processor... everything you need of a smartphone.
Of course the G3 will be released in a few months and it will be better, but I will recommend you buy the G2 now because it's simply an amazing phone!

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
My LG G2 is a better phone than my former HTC ONE. The G2 got a SpeedDragon 800 processor and as far I know the other three phones that got it are the Google Nexus 5, Samsung Note 3, Sony Experia Z 1. I don't know if the next HTC or Galaxy S5 are going to have a faster processor, kind of SpeedDragon 1, 000. If they don't, go for the LG G2.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

thecycleoflife

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
If you're wondering how the next HTC or Samsung will be compared to the G2, I would just wait a little bit so that you can compare all 3 phones in person so you can see and hear the difference in picture and sound quality.

I waited an extra 7 month's after my upgrade date just so I could compare the G2 with other phones that had just come out at that time. In the end, I am happy that I chose the G2. I just wished I had waited a little bit longer as the price dropped down from the $199 when I got it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I guess I don't need it necessarily. My Razr is getting sluggish but not unbearable.
A factory reset should help freshen up the device. If you want something new(er) then perhaps try waiting a few more months as new devices will be announced. When these devices will hit the market may be many months out and on what carriers they will be released is hard to predict. Bottom line, do what you need to do in order to be happy with the device you rely on daily.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
If you are going to wait for the next batch of phones don't forget there are already rumors of the next LG. The LG G3 will reportedly boast an octa-core processor built by LG, a quad-HD display with a resolution of 2,560x1,440 pixels and 16 MP camera.

Depending on release date that may be worth waiting for.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I say get the g2 now there's good deals to be had on that phone right now even saw free ones it's at least a year ahead of time with 800 snap dragon and 1080p what more do you want from a phone

chustle925

May 9, 2013
Visit site
If you like the phone and like the specs,I'd say go ahead and get it. There will always be a new phone coming out no matter what phone you buy and when you buy it. That's just technology for ya. But the g2 is a great device.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Just bought my daughter the LGG2 today. Pretty amazing phone in my opinion.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Sean473

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Hold out.. The S5 and new HTC One should be coming out soon along with the G3 supposedly at MWC in Feb..

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Hold out.. The S5 and new HTC One should be coming out soon along with the G3 supposedly at MWC in Feb..

G3 not coming out until second half of 2014 probably sep, I think S5 will be next in april, and HTC One not sure. They are just going to be announced at MWC in Feb

Sean473

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
G3 not coming out until second half of 2014 probably sep, I think S5 will be next in april, and HTC One not sure. They are just going to be announced at MWC in Feb

Well rumours have it that it will come out in MWC with the new LG smartwatch....

Sean473

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

S5 being announced sometime around MWC, it's been confirmed by Samsung VP...

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
If you can wait at least a month or so (or at least after CES), I would hold on. If after the two moths have passed and there is nothing that caught your fancy, then go for the LG G2. For now, the G2 is pretty much the top on specs.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513