Buyers Remorse. Anyone starting to get it?

Toddard

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I almost pulled the trigger on a 2 XL, but decided to hold off until the Huawei Mate 10 Pro announcement at least. There are several great choices to choose from in this class of phone, but if I'm going to plunk down this much cash, I want my choice to be one I won't regret in the long term.

fritzo

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
A very wise friend once told me if you pay too much it'll hurt today. Pay too little, and it'll hurt throughout your time with what you bought.

????

I know that when I end up paying less and get free stuff from a Black Friday sale on a phone that won't be delivered until the end of November anyway, I'll be feeling SO much pain...

Mostly back pain from all that extra cash in my wallet 😉

tdumez

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
I don't see a need to worry about next year's model having 6gb ram, new features, etc. Google makes it super easy to send them your old phone for a discount on the new model.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I told myself I wasn't going to get the Pixel this year because I got the Oneplus 5 8gb model about a month ago and really like it. I got caught up in the hype during the event and happen to go to the google store once the phone went on order. So excited to see it that I ordered and got a Oct 17th ship date.

A day later after the excitement died down I started to realize I just spend 1100 on a phone.

The Oneplus 5 may not be up there with the top flagships for its camera or display but their not bad either.

I may or may not cancel my order. I might even try it out and see how it is first.

Anyone else getting feeling the same because its a big investment

This thread made the blog

https://www.androidcentral.com/are-you-feeling-any-buyers-remorse-your-pixel-2-preorder

tnfaber

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
No buyer's remorse at all. But my company also pays my phone bill, including financed hardware, and my Pixel XL trade in and payoff amounts are basically the same, so it's a wash there.

seb1509

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
No remorse at all..
I was a Samsung fan and LG fan. I had the s3, then the LG G2, then the s7. Earlier this year I decided to try the LG G6. Honestly I couldn't go back to LCD displays and the software on LG just isn't as good. The thing that made me return it was the selfie camera. I use it a lot and the quality on LG phones is just much worse than any other phone.

I returned my G6 and decided to try the Pixel XL. I was initially hesitant due to the boring iPhone like design. But the moment I got it and started using it I LOVED it. It is true you simply don't get how great the pixels are until you get one. Everything just works and it is very smooth. And the camera is amazing. As good if not better as the cameras on Samsung phones. I think Samsung has better design but their software is not up to par. It lags and it's just janky. It would freeze sometimes when I used the Canada and the battery wasn't good enough.

Can't wait for my new pixel should be here Tuesday or Wednesday!!

89caps

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I think about if I really needed to upgrade just for more storage. I have no problems with performance of my Pixel XL and I could wait another year with this device.

Rtbar1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I almost pulled the trigger on a 2 XL, but decided to hold off until the Huawei Mate 10 Pro announcement at least. There are several great choices to choose from in this class of phone, but if I'm going to plunk down this much cash, I want my choice to be one I won't regret in the long term.

Same here, holding out for the mate 10 pro, but I will most likely go v30 as a second choice... I had a 128gb 2 xl panda preordered but I swore I would go with a smaller phone than my current note 4, yet the pixel is actually larger

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
????

I know that when I end up paying less and get free stuff from a Black Friday sale on a phone that won't be delivered until the end of November anyway, I'll be feeling SO much pain...

Mostly back pain from all that extra cash in my wallet 😉

Every situation is different. For me, they're giving me $350 trade in for my pixel. Which seems almost as much as I could get anywhere else. Another month and a half from now who knows what it'll be worth

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think buyer's remorse is something normal for some purchases, especially for ones like phones. I think that, at the end of the day, if you enjoy the phone and are glad you are using it, it was well worth the money. :)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think buyer's remorse is something normal for some purchases, especially for ones like phones. I think that, at the end of the day, if you enjoy the phone and are glad you are using it, it was well worth the money. :)

It's true but in this case no one has actually received the product and most cases can cancel so buyer's remorse doesn't exist here.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey, cut it out with the facts & logic stuff. We need diversions until delivery. ;)

My advise to anyone who has doubts is make sure you buy it from a returnable source or just wait until you see it and some real reviews, especially if you were deciding between two or more phones.

MikeC01

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a Pixel 2 for both my wife and myself. We both have original Pixels now. The only buyer's remorse I'm experiencing is that I'm wondering if I should have ordered a Pixel 2 XL. While the Pixel 2's software is an improvement on the original Pixel, the form is virtually the same as the original Pixel and I like the smaller bezels on the XL. I'm just not sure I want a phone that big.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I ordered a Pixel 2 for both my wife and myself. We both have original Pixels now. The only buyer's remorse I'm experiencing is that I'm wondering if I should have ordered a Pixel 2 XL. While the Pixel 2's software is an improvement on the original Pixel, the form is virtually the same as the original Pixel and I like the smaller bezels on the XL. I'm just not sure I want a phone that big.

Go check it out if you can. I hear Verizon may be putting it on display today.