Bye Bye iPhone

Au_k9

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
I have been a less than enthusiastic iPhone user since the Note 7 recall. Before my brief stint with the Note 7, I used a Note 3.

I just pre-ordered a pair of Samsung Note 9 phones, and I’m looking forward to having greater control of my content again.

If there are forum threads or external resources for recovering iOS users, please point me in the right direction. I am especially interested in the latest and greatest methods of migrating data from iOS devices and for sharing calendars with iPhone users.

FWIW, I’m on AT&T. My wife and I live near Anchorage, Alaska, USA, with our ten year old English Mastiff. We Have two adult children and eight grandkids.

Thanks!
Kevin

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!
I also pre-ordered 2 Note 9 phones! Both blue 6/128 GB.
What colors and storage did you choose?

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I just pre-ordered a pair of Samsung Note 9 phones, and I’m looking forward to having greater control of my content again.

If there are forum threads or external resources for recovering iOS users, please point me in the right direction. I am especially interested in the latest and greatest methods of migrating data from iOS devices and for sharing calendars with iPhone users

First of all, welcome to Android Central, @Au_k9!

I bounce back and forth between Android and iOS frequently, and I'm also waiting for the delivery of my Note9 (Ocean Blue, 512 GB, unlocked, for use on T-Mobile in the Detroit area).

My advice? Use Samsung Smart Switch to transfer content from your iPhone. If I remember correctly, there are a few items that will cause you trouble (maybe it was group iMessages, or something else like that), but for the most part, it works flawlessly.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You will find many former iPhone users around the forums! Try the "General Discussion" section for starters!

Au_k9

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Thank you all.

My son and I are both getting the Ocean Blue 128GB phone. I’m confident that 6GB RAM will be sufficient, and 128GB will be more than enough storage. If not, there’s always the MicroSD slot.

Au_k9

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Thank you.

My son and his family just bought a home in Marysville, north of the Detroit Metro. area. He’s closing on the house tomorrow—unless he reschedules so he can go pick up his new phone on release day. :D

It was more trouble than I expected to do the BOGO deal with one phone picked up in Anchorage and the other in Michigan. I don’t want to declare victory prematurely, but we finally did at least get it worked out with the two BestBuy stores.

Au_k9

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
...welcome to join the #neveriphone #crapple movements...

Where do I sign?

Most of my family and friends are iPhone users, and if that’s what they want, less power to them. (Sadly)

I’m sure there are lots of power user tricks I never learned in iOS. Maybe it was the whole “old dog, new trick” problem, but I couldn’t seem to control my content the way I like.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you.

My son and his family just bought a home in Marysville, north of the Detroit Metro. area. He’s closing on the house tomorrow—unless he reschedules so he can go pick up his new phone on release day. :D

It was more trouble than I expected to do the BOGO deal with one phone picked up in Anchorage and the other in Michigan. I don’t want to declare victory prematurely, but we finally did at least get it worked out with the two BestBuy stores.

Sounds like you are making good progress then! And the Ocean Blue colour sounds good!! :)

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Thank you.

Marysville is right on the river, isn't it? Very nice area!

And I'm glad you were able to work out the BOGO. I can only imagine how those conversations went at Best Buy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfrostpierce