Calendar sharing

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Not Pixel specific, but my wife and I can no longer see each other's calendar entries. I can see that she is listed as sharing my calendar, but we cannot see each other's entries. It was working at one time. Anyone have any thoughts other than to delete each other and then add each other back?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First, in her phone, open Google Calendar, tap Menu>Settings, then Show More under her account. Tap your calendar account, and make sure the Sync toggle is turned on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are these only events created through Gmail emails, or are they also events that you create directly in Google Calendar? if it's only events through Gmail, then go to the Calendar settings, tap Events from Gmail, and change the Privacy of Email Events.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, and they're definitely in the main Events calendar, and not some additional calendar you may have created?

One other thing -- in the Google Calendar app, did you already try tapping Menu>Refresh?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried removing her as a share contact, and then adding her back?

If you select one of your events and Edit it, does it show as Default Visibility near the bottom of the edit options?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
That partially worked. I removed her and added her back and she can now see mine. I tried it the other way around and I still do not see her calendar.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That partially worked. I removed her and added her back and she can now see mine. I tried it the other way around and I still do not see her calendar.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but go back to the settings menu and make sure her calendar is synced again. If you removed it and then added it back again, the sync toggle might revert back to Off.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes and now that I look at it I can see future events, but not all past events...... Just some. Same on my phone. She had a doctor appointment earlier in the month. It shows on her calendar on her phone with a line through it but not mine. I can see some past events like birthdays that are recurring, but not all events. My past events do not have a line through them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are the events you can't see based on invitations? If so, go to Google Calendar on the web, click Settings>General>Event Settings, and toggle on "Let others see all invitations if they have permission to view or edit my events". Also, under Events from Gmail, make sure the privacy there is set to default (I think you already did this).

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
"Let others see all invitations if they have permission to view or edit my events"

I do not see that option.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance