Calibrating your battery and Android

dlintz

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Would flashing a ROM maybe include a battery stats wipe? Is there be a way to tell when the last time a battery stat wipe was performed?

It's been 1 day 17 hours and I'm at 44% on my 2150 which is better than a lot of my prior ROM/Kernel combos, but I'd like to get a little more if possible. Maybe I'll try this just to see.

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
its not lookin like it did anything for me but still gotta let it do a full cycle. then again i never got a bigger battery, just thought id try though.

Scott586

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
For those with the "quick battery drop" issue, only a guess, but this sounds like your battery stats are set using a false max high voltage. Maybe try wiping battery stats just after the "quick drop" occurs. Possibly this will set the max battery at the true max. Of course follow with the recommended complete discharge and recharge cycle. Very interested to hear results.

talltubatom

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm bumping right now (I assume that is where you just keep pugging the phone back into the charger while off until LED stays green on reconnect). I'll be trying the clockwork method after I am finnished with this charge cycle. I'll report my findings after I the full drain recharge cycle.

Does the phone ever go to green right on plug in? I've been "bumping" it for almost 3 hours and I still don't get a gren LED when i plug it in!

Last edited:

talltubatom

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
What does "off screen profile" do? and do i need an app to set that up?
also what does "CPU set to ondemand" ? also do i need an app for that too?

i just rooted my phone last night, bumped charged it a lot this morning and then cleared the battery stats, so waiting for it to die now. will report my findings after the next full charge...

I'd also like some more info on this if anyone could provide some links or instructions.

shaundiesel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah....

Unfortunately, just turn off all options. Obviously not what you wanted to hear, but if it makes you feel better, this method did nothing for me.

It's hit or miss, from what I've read, and I missed!

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
My experience before trying to do this was the quick drop one (phone % drops right away when unhooked from the charger for only a few minutes) but my phone still lasted a certain amount of time everyday with my normal usage habits.

Now that I've calibrated, I no longer have the quick drop issue (phone stays at or near 100% for quite a while after unhooked) but then it drops considerably after that. So its just kinda backwards now. It still lasts the same amount of time during the day with my normal usage, it just reports it differently now lol.

IncrediBry

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
In the clockword Mod advanced options there is a "clear battery stats" or something along those lines. Does this accomplish the same thing so I don't have to use the ADB command prompts to reset battery stats?

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm bumping right now (I assume that is where you just keep pugging the phone back into the charger while off until LED stays green on reconnect). I'll be trying the clockwork method after I am finnished with this charge cycle. I'll report my findings after I the full drain recharge cycle.

Does the phone ever go to green right on plug in? I've been "bumping" it for almost 3 hours and I still don't get a gren LED when i plug it in!

I've NEVER had it go green upon plugging it in, but I know it's fully bumped when it only takes a few minutes. I use the powermat to charge, so when it's off, the light shuts off. Powermat stops charging when the phone "claims" it's fully charged. I pull the powercube off the mat, drop it back down and it takes 10 to 20 minutes to shut the light off again. That's when I know I'm fully charged.

I've since switched to Virtuous Rom. Very similar to stock, but better, and I get great battery life with it.

dumsum19

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Well i normally get about 8-10 hours of battery usage. Its the stock battery and i didn't charge it fully before turning the phone on when i first got the phone. I just tried the recalibrating of the battery and currently trying to kill the battery off. I will report back tomorrow with what happens.

carbontulip

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I quickly threw together this battery calibration app - enjoy!

Please note: for ROOTED phones only and use at your own risk.

hxxx://rapidshare.com/files/432721855/BatteryCalibrator.apk

ires

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi;

I have HTC Desire HD

In the first post says;
Obviously you need root and clockwork recovery installed. Make sure first your battery is fully charged DO NOT DO THIS WITHOUT FULL CHARGE!

But i did it without full charge, its about 20% charge :( (It did reluctantly) Did with terminal emulator in my desire HD.

Without booting I connect the phone to the charger now and it is charging. So what can i do now? Is it damage my battery?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymousaga