Camera app fades audio when recording video

turnippo

Aug 6, 2018
Visit site
Hey all, I've tried googling but haven't found anything similar.

I've noticed that when recording video with the camera app on the Pixel 2 XL, the audio doesn't start recording immediately. Instead the audio track fades in over a second or so, which means I keep missing stuff, and need to chop the first second or so off when editing shots together that include background noise.

Here's a sample of a few clips in imovie, where you can actually see the ramp-up of noise in the video:

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 1.55.21 am.jpg

Has anyone else noticed this, or worked out a way to stop it? I like the camera app and don't reeeeallly want to use a third party one just for video if I can help it.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't have a Mac to use imovie with so I can't corroborate your conclusion. If there's a Windows-based application that you can recommend that provides the same representation of audio levels tied to video frames I'd be glad to take a look at it.
In any case I haven't noticed what you describe but since most of my videos are of the cats and dog (read: lots of silence) it's quite possible that I never noticed that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aclatex