Camera embargo

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Anybody concerned about the camera quality embargo? I'd probably make this my next phone if the camera is competitive. But the fact nobody is allowed to talk about the picture quality yet seems a bit concerning.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I was curious about this also. Hopefully it's lifted before it goes on sale. I did a little searching and couldn't find a date when it's lifted.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure it will. But the fact there's an embargo at all on certain (important) aspects concerns me greatly. Are they gonna wait until all the pre-orders are in and then reveal the camera is disappointing?

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I was watching a YouTube video reviewer mention May 21st as the embargo end date.

Also, there might be some last minute software tweaking before official rollout but it is bit unsettling to hear about the camera quality until after it goes on sale.

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
That is concerning. It is of course customary for there to be an embargo on any hands-on reviews before an announcement date, but the fact that OnePlus specifically restricted people from talking about the camera quality makes it sound like they're maybe struggling to finalize their software.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe